Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Front & Rear Cameras  (Read 1025 times)

Offline Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
Re: Front & Rear Cameras
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2020, 08:23:48 AM »
*Originally Posted by Little H [+]
I've had the Innovv camera system since 2016 but not yet fitted it to this bike. I only mounted the front camera as I was using it for recording tours. The camera was mounted on the screen and the DVR unit under the seat. The picture quality was fine, but I did not like the way it recorded anything red and I later found out that this was because there is no IR filter in the camera. It seems all the cheap/small camera systems are the same and this is why you can use your smartphone for IR photography.

Vibration was an issue for me, as at certain engine revs the picture would start to become wavy as it went through a beat frequency. I also saw this on previous cameras I had tried. In the end I developed a damping system using a kind of sticky plastic that drummers use on cymbals. The cameras are guaranteed waterproof and they are. Mine saw some prolonged torrential rain and never faltered.

The DVR unit has GPS sensor unit that shows coordinates and speed. You can hide speed at any chosen speed limit. There is also a file protection button if you want to retain say an incident as the unit overwrites files when the card is full. The reason I initially chose the Innovv was the DVR unit and the permanent power connection, so no faff with batteries when on tour.

All in all it does the job, but as you say is not cheap. It's a Chinese company that takes an existing in-car system and hardens it for bike use and I found their customer service to be excellent with next day responses to any questions.

Try mounting the camera on a Sorbothane pad, this is a Innovv C3, it still isn't perfect from a vibration POV but quite a bit better than without the Sorbothane

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
....George Orwell

Check the Facts !!

Offline Little H

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRXLow
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2020, 12:31:49 PM »
Hello Rtwo,

I think I may have looked at Sorbothane along with many other dampening products in my searches. I finally settled on the Stagg Gel control product used on cymbals because it is designed to be used by drummers to dampen unwanted frequencies or persistance on their cymbals. It's extremely sticky and it comes in pads so that you can build it up in layers and it is reuseable. It certainly damped down any vibrations and did help with the beat frequencies issue.

I have also played about with video stabilisation software, but was not impressed with what is generally available. Seems you need quite high end expensive software and a very capable PC.   

Offline tg8

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: F700GS/GT900
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2020, 09:45:43 AM »
*Originally Posted by Ponch101 [+]
Hi, My question is, has anyone looked at or fitted these cameras to the front and rear of there motorcycle, I am trying to get any information on the quality and build of the camera system,  ( I can't afford the Innovv K2 system at 300.00 ). You can look at the system on eBay using the number below.  In advance Thanks for any feed back. Ponch101

Blueskysea B1M HD 1080P  motorcycle drive recorder has dual 1080P cameras on the front and rear and can record high-quality HD video. The frame rate is 30fps

eBay item number:274140388014
I bought this last year, https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/254131384092?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=710-134428-41853-0&mkcid=2&itemid=254131384092&targetid=879043994148&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9045209&poi=&campaignid=9451487402&mkgroupid=95476801669&rlsatarget=pla-879043994148&abcId=1139576&merchantid=6995734&gclid=Cj0KCQjwyur0BRDcARIsAEt86IBUadRLFNQ8ns34Spw7yqSW0WwrVjQ9z-GDgnGgS5g2HfWPdrpTqx4aAhIDEALw_wcB last year. It looks similar to the one you're considering.
I bought it primarily as a dash cam as I use a Gopro for recording tours.
I've uploaded a sample (https://youtu.be/orAnLrBzfm8) of front and rear cams. It was filmed at dusk. Quality isn't great and is just about acceptable for dashcam use but I wouldn't recommend it for recording tours etc. Sound is very poor, as you can hear.
I've a GT900 on order and will prob fit the innovv k2.
Hope this helps.

Offline Ponch101

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800Xrx Low
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2020, 04:41:26 PM »
I would just like to say to everyone that has participated in this post, I have been looking at a lot of different camera systems and I have decided to purchase the Innovv K2, I know that I said I couldn't afford this system but I saved up a  few quid ( 0.00 ) and decided this was my best option, so thank you all.   Ponch101
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 04:47:01 PM by Ponch101 »

Offline Guyver

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800XC
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2020, 11:55:50 PM »
A mate of mine has the system you've bought. He loves it. He does bloodbikes in the West Midlands and got a deal on all the bloodbikes having these cameras fitted. Also has a watch mode so you can see if the bike has been messed with while it's parked up.

Offline CarkD666

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: XCA 2019
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2020, 06:49:50 PM »
Ive got the INNOVV C5 but the helmet mounted version. I wanted something that could record my trip and for the evidence in case of a prang. Got to say its pretty good picture wise but as I have the dvr in my pocket, the sound quality is pretty poor. However, it does the job and at 26g adds little weight to the helmet and is streamlined, unlike having a go pro sticking out in the wind. Hope that helps.

Recent Topics