Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: TRITUN Service Manual download  (Read 1012 times)

Offline philmcglass

• Tiger Master
  • Mine's a pint
  • Bike: Tiger XRX 2016
Re: TRITUN Service Manual download
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2020, 10:42:27 PM »
Sent an email to the email address on github.
Not sure the guy is still active as his website no longer esists.
Find the Line

Offline Javaman

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 1050
Re: TRITUN Service Manual download
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2020, 11:50:46 PM »
Hey guys, I've been stalking this forum for a while as a Tiger 1050 owner plagued with dodgy hot start issues and wanting to find out what the 800/900 boys have done with this issue. It's a long story but I 've finally got to the bottom of it and it doesn't involved aftermarket starters from Ricks motorsports, hugely fat starter motor cables or new batteries - the problem is common to Denso starters and it's been staring us all in the face for years - I will post separately, meanwhile - This thread popped up on Google because I was researching trying to get a manual for my Speed Triple RS and have also fallen victim to the foibles of Tritun. That said, I now have a fully indexed, linked and bookmarked factory manual that works a dream. The fact I'm retired  and have time to burn does help but this is what I did
1. Registered, logged in and paid my first 6.00 to Tritun.
2. The first folder of the manual containing files is named "Introduction". I opened the first file, clicked on the "print" icon on the Tritun site, selected "print to pdf" in my own printer dialogue box (only needs doing the first time) and then created my own folder called "1 introduction", changed the name of the file to "1" and saved it. I repeated the process for the second file and called it "2" and so on. The next folder is called "General information" and I selected the first file it contained and saved it but not before creating my own folder called "2 Introduction" and changing the filename again to 1, the next to 2, 3, 4 and so on. I repeated this procedure until my 6.00 subscription expired and I had about two hundred numbered files but all in their own appropriate folders as per the online manual. At this point, I didn't log off the website as I noticed that although I could no longer view the contents of each file, the folder and file structure was fully visible and so I took the time to create and name every single folder in advance - ready for the next session. I paid my next 6.00 and dammit, if I didn't run out of time with about twenty files still to go. It took perhaps two hours 15 minutes to download the whole lot and I ended up with named folders as per the index of the online manual and each containing any number of files, numbered in the order they were downloaded and in which order they should appear in my own manual. Some 4 folders contain their own subfolders and files within them - some 500 in total. I then went to a website called "ilovepdf.com" which enables you to merge single pdfs into one document. To start with, I took all the pdfs from one folder and merged them so that each folder now contained a single, multi-paged pdf. PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING
1. the limit for merging is 20 files and so if you have a folder containing say 30, I would select 15 and merge them into one file . . . do the same with the other 15 and then finally, take the two resulting pdfs and merge them into one so that I would end up with all 30 pdfs merged into a single file.
2. You need to be very careful when dragging and dropping your files onto the website.  If you have numbered them, they will be listed in order and so it is a simple task to say highlight the first fifteen files and then drag and drop them onto the website,HOWEVER, . . . . the website will place them in order but will arrange them starting with the file which you use to drag and drop. For example - you select files 1-15 and then place your mouse on file number 4 - click and hold and then drag and drop - the website will produce one pdf with the files ordered as follows 4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,1,2,3 - OK so . . . . when you drag and drop, always make sure you highlight the selection but then click and hold on file number 1 BEFORE you drag and drop 

It won't be long before you have a single PDF manual containing, in my case 1151 pages (some of the original files were already multi-page files). Of course, this PDF is as good as useless to  you because it would be near impossible to look up anything you needed without taking two days off work!!! So . . . I found a piece of free, open source software called jpdfbookmarks-2.5.2 which exists for one job only - to add bookmarks to PDF documents. You can download this from many sites and I used sourceforge.net. The software runs on Windows but doesn't need to be installed - runs on a standalone basis - simply click on the executable within the program folder and that 's it - it really is excellent.
Anyway . . . All you do is launch the program and then open your pdf within the program and create and name bookmarks corresponding to the original folder names and then link them to the appropriate page in the manual. For those folders containing subfolders, the program allows you to recreate and index these in the same way (seem my picture below).
By adding bookmarks which took me a couple of hours, it allows you at a glance to see an index for the manual and to access the appropriate chapter directly and this does make the manual perfectly useable. Note at this stage, you would have totally wasted your time had you bothered naming all your  downloaded files originally - to do so would have served no purpose whatsoever over and above mere numbering.
This manual would be sufficient, however, I was still bugged because the online manual contains internal links which in my manual wouldn't function. For example - I could be reading a section about changing the air filter and the manual would say "In order to change the airfilter, first Disconnect the battery and then raise the petrol tank and of course, if you click on these referenced instructions, the manual would take you straight there but not my vanilla-flavoured download and I wanted these links to work. After much research, I concluded that there was no freeware which could cope and I bit the bullet and subscribed to Adobe for a free one-week trial of Adobe Acrobat DC Pro and this allows editing of PDFs and the procedure for linking proved to be remarkable reliable and simple but . . . time consuming. Although you could take your time and spread the load a little, I'm nothing if not a a Rottweiler when it comes to getting my teeth stuck in and apart from a few coffees, I sat at my computer from 10.00am until I eventually finished at 3.30am the following morning - a full 17 hour shift.  At a guess, I had 1151 pages to check and process and I would suggest there was an average of one link required for each page of the manual but . . I got there in the end. I now have a manual which cost more than a few man hours but only 18 in hard cash, is fully bookmarked, indexed and linked and it works like a charm
I was following all the Firefox stuff but really, I don't see that as the issue - the main thing is having got your 500 files or indeed, if firefox will allow you to download all the pages as a single file, ideally you still need to reference and index the thing . . . see my pictres below
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 12:05:36 AM by Javaman »

Recent Topics

winded-staunch