Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Sat NAV GPS holder for 2019 Tiger 800XRT  (Read 2171 times)

Offline Andy118

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRX
Re: Sat NAV GPS holder for 2019 Tiger 800XRT
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2020, 11:00:05 AM »
*Originally Posted by geobandit [+]
Are you willing to make and sell ?

if so I'd buy one, if reasonably priced
+1
Random quote with slightly humorous yet profound meaning.

Offline sprint

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2020, 04:07:33 PM »
I have one of these fitted. Mount was made by a forum member.

The mount is well made but unfortunately the screen arms which it is mounted to flexes and moves causing the Sat Nav to wobble up and down.

I think you will find that anything you attache to the screen arms is going to flex and move as it's only made from plastic and not a very robust assy.

If anybody has found a mount that allows a similar position but does not flex and move about I too would be very interested. But at the moment it looks like I will have to attache a mount to the handlebars?

Offline coddy

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2020, 07:54:00 PM »
Yes it's a bit sh*t that a above TFT instrument display sat nav holder that doesn't wobble hasn't been invented for general sale. My one is actually fine for looking at but because it wobbles just a bit it's enough to not charge up on the go and eventually goes dead.

I actually have 2 TomTom's and take the sat nav charger with me when touring to overcome this which should be unnecessary.

Due to fading near sightedness handlebar mounting is a problem too.

Online JW

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2020, 08:42:01 PM »
I have fitted a home made bar across the lower screen mount position and is its near the main moulding, it doesn't appear to wobble. 
I fashioned it from a 20mm wide and 4mm thick bar (from B&Q :-) ) and put in a twist to get the right angle for my holder, the top half of a handle bar mount. 
Seems to work and I find it better than a bar mount as the angle is not as susceptible to glare and its easier to look at.
2018 Tiger 800 XRx Blue

Offline sprint

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2020, 10:54:38 AM »
*Originally Posted by sprint [+]
I have one of these fitted. Mount was made by a forum member.

The mount is well made but unfortunately the screen arms which it is mounted to flexes and moves causing the Sat Nav to wobble up and down.

I think you will find that anything you attache to the screen arms is going to flex and move as it's only made from plastic and not a very robust assy.

If anybody has found a mount that allows a similar position but does not flex and move about I too would be very interested. But at the moment it looks like I will have to attache a mount to the handlebars?

I have now mounted mine as shown in the photos.

Rather than use the std handle bar mount I have used one that fits under the mirror stalk and looks less obtrusive when the Sat Nav cradle is not fitted.

Prefer the position above the display but just too much 'wobble' for me.

Recent Topics