Tiger 800 / 900 - Main Discussion Section > Misc Technical Help Required

Horn low noise

(1/4) > >>

Flyingbanana:
Fitted full size Heed bars to the 800 ABS 2013 model & now the horn gives no noise. It is all because the Heed bars are squashing the front plastic beak under the headlights which houses the horn.
Has anyone fitted these Heed bars & managed to get horn to work without moving it elsewhere
If it has to be re-homed where have others put theirs ?

I have slackened the bars to get a muffled noise but with some of the tin boxed mobile phone using idiots awake out there i need the horn  :430:
alan

ColinXCX:
I got one of theses https://www.rg-racing.com/browseBike/Yamaha/MT-07_(FZ-07)/2015/DENTTSB10200B
Works great on mine, I used the original horn wires without any problems. Mount it wherever you like, and itís loud so you will be heard.

Londonglide:
My Heeds don't interfere with the horn. Pics are helpful

K1W1:
Originally Posted by Flyingbanana Fitted full size Heed bars to the 800 ABS 2013 model & now the horn gives no noise. It is all because the Heed bars are squashing the front plastic beak under the headlights which houses the horn.

If your Heed bars are squashing against the beak then either the beak or the bars are incorrectly fitted.

Flyingbanana:
Attached are some pics. I cannot see how else i would fit the Heed bars.
Pic 2 is from the underside of the beak. The Heed bars link at the front of the bike under the beak with a joining bar/plate & then you fit a ' U' shaped clamp over the top of the headlight cluster bar & that holds this bracket up with a couple of nuts either side of the headlight bar  but as i tighten these up they clearly raise the Heed front joining bar/plate which in turn tightens up on the beak therefore squashing against the horn

I have backed them off but if i loosen them one more turn they then become too loose in my fingers

I am sure the Heed bars will go no where as they have at least 2,3 or 4 bolts into the side of the bike starting at the bottom then main frame & then this front bar/plate which boin the 2 sides up. Shen the ' u' shaped bracket did not have a couple more mm of thread

thanks in advance for any help

alan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version