Tiger 800 / 900 - Main Discussion Section > Misc Technical Help Required

Horn low noise

<< < (2/4) > >>

Londonglide:
Are you sure the "T" bracket doesn't mount behind the tabs for the bars themselves? putting the tang against the headstock.

I have just found my instructions from Heed, and they aren't very clear..

Flyingbanana:
Originally Posted by Londonglide Are you sure the "T" bracket doesn't mount behind the tabs for the bars themselves? putting the tang against the headstock.

I have just found my instructions from Heed, and they aren't very clear..

Thanks for the very quick reply. I think i know what you mean. The 'destructions' from Heed are a little poor. Please see my pic 'Horn3' So take the bracket that i have arrows 'red' & move it to the position i have arrowed 'green' which in turn would move the bar/plate back where the beak is not as low

alan

Londonglide:
Yep, worth a try

K1W1:
Originally Posted by Flyingbanana Attached are some pics. I cannot see how else i would fit the Heed bars.

So you have the Roadie beak not the XC beak.
The Roadie beak is closed in on the underside so it sits lower than the XC version which is open underneath. The open beak obviously also allows more room for noise to escape as well.
Heed originally offered two sorts of crash bars both with different joining methods with the Roadie version from memory there was just a flat bar that came down from the headlight bracket and the two sides of the crash bars sandwiched that flat bar between them and joined under the centre of the beak. Maybe it sat a little lower than the XC style bar you have which does offer more clearance for suspension travel.
I think there are three options.
1. Fit a XC beak
2. Relocate the horn
3. See if Heed will swap the bars to the older Roadie style.

Option 1 you may not want to do and option 3 may not be possible as I think Heed now only make the one bar style.
I wanted a loader horn anyway so I simply left the existing horn in place and installed a Denali mini sound bomb on the left side with some extended wires. To get the OEM horn working again I just need to plug the original wires back into it.

Sputnik:
Originally Posted by Flyingbanana Thanks for the very quick reply. I think i know what you mean. The 'destructions' from Heed are a little poor. Please see my pic 'Horn3' So take the bracket that i have arrows 'red' & move it to the position i have arrowed 'green' which in turn would move the bar/plate back where the beak is not as low

alan

I did exactly the same thing when fitting mine and either got no sound or a slightly comical duck-fart noise from the horn.

The main bars that run round the side of the bike should connect to the front, rather than to the rear of the bar that runs under the beak. As far as I recall you just need to loosen all the bolts and manhandle the bars into the correct position, rather than actually removing or changing anything, but I can't recall for sure.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version