Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Bike stuttering as if out of fuel, but at least half a tank? Then cuts out  (Read 6791 times)

Offline mercucio1

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XC
Re: Bike stuttering as if out of fuel, but at least half a tank? Then cuts out
« Reply #120 on: September 24, 2020, 10:39:38 AM »
*Originally Posted by stumble [+]
Short update. I've got hold of some replacement coils, used, as I didn't want to fork out on new ones in case that wasn't the issue.
Swapped them over, and just back from an hour's test ride. Last week before the swap, as soon as the engine warmed up the problems started. The guys at Carl Rosner, suggested it could be the coils, but wanted to let me know before replacing them because of the cost including labour. So, good on you guys. Anyway I said this was short. Let's see how this goes. Staying positive...  :002:

How is your bike going? Any updates on stuttering you experienced? Is it faulty coils where a reason from the beginning?

Offline stumble

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800XC
Re: Bike stuttering as if out of fuel, but at least half a tank? Then cuts out
« Reply #121 on: September 24, 2020, 10:49:31 AM »
Hi,

Yeah, as it turns out the coils were the issue. Strange, as they tested ok with the multi meter. Touch wood I've had no issues with the bike since then, bonus, I replaced the air filter and spark plugs and did an oil change so serviced at the same time. Saved some money and learned something new.

:062:
Its better to have a stumble than a fall!!

Recent Topics

winded-staunch