Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Accomodation 2021 Germany  (Read 6052 times)

Offline Derchef1962

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 800 Roadie, 2013
Re: Accomodation 2021 Germany
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2020, 04:59:56 PM »
*Originally Posted by dallewed [+]
Anyway, I have a proposition for discussion....... could we delay the 2021 Tigermeet from the May dates to dates in June? I know it's against tradition, but I was toying with taking a detour down to the Alps - Grossglockner, maybe the Stelvio, Route de Grande Alps etc etc and throwing in a couple of balcony roads in, in France on the way home.

happy to break a tradition and if Megameet 2020 is taking place end of October that additional month to Megameet 2021 is not a bad idea....
Life is too short to drink bad wine or to ride bad bikes.

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte' ......... By Skill and by Fighting
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2020, 10:54:57 PM »
Anyway, I have a proposition for discussion....... could we delay the 2021 Tigermeet from the May dates to dates in June? I know it's against tradition, but I was toying with taking a detour down to the Alps - Grossglockner, maybe the Stelvio, Route de Grande Alps etc etc and throwing in a couple of balcony roads in, in France on the way home.

The reason for a June date instead of the May date.......more mountain passes will be open.

What are the thoughts on this?

Well I waited a bit to see the feedback and based on that :164: ... could I propose 'the proposal' be nudged to July, purely on a selfish basis. :027: :002:
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline Derchef1962

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2020, 11:49:58 AM »
*Originally Posted by Stevie.P [+]
Well I waited a bit to see the feedback and based on that :164: ... could I propose 'the proposal' be nudged to July, purely on a selfish basis. :027: :002:

rejected....
simply for the reason you name selfish reasons...

(get a lawyer next time)

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2020, 12:18:25 PM »
Guilty  :008: ... but I thought you were our forum automatically  nominated lawyer and as such it is your job to prove me innocent just the same.  :164:

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline Derchef1962

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2020, 09:11:37 AM »
*Originally Posted by Stevie.P [+]
Guilty  :008: ... but I thought you were our forum automatically  nominated lawyer and as such it is your job to prove me innocent just the same.  :164:

Correct about the job wrong regarding my duties:I have to protect the general forum public against selfish interests of individuals.

Offline healdem

• ....has a fluffy tube
  • Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2011 Tiger 800
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2020, 09:39:52 AM »
*Originally Posted by Derchef1962 [+]
Correct about the job wrong regarding my duties:I have to protect the general forum public against selfish interests of individuals.

Hence the name 'derchef' :492:

It's your event,  your rules, your choices. What I do know is that bartering  dates trying to fit in one will undoubtedly pee off others.
I didn't mention at the time  but, for me switching to mid July clashes with another event. Nit a problem, I'd need to chose which.

It's not that relevant but 8 years ago we chose mid may for these events as it was inbetween (Uk) public holidays, within normal school time so as not to  'steal' family holiday time, most of the touristy areas we ride will be just waking up after winter, weather  should be improving (not to hot, not too cold or wet), accomodation should be easier, less traffic on roads and so on.

But it's the rides organisers decision  as to what works for them.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 09:41:27 AM by healdem »

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2020, 09:58:49 AM »
Organisation by committee never works for these events. Never has and never will.
The location and date are set and people either attend or they dont. There is no other way.

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2020, 11:42:04 AM »
Anyway, I have a proposition for discussion .......

:192:

happy to break a tradition and if Megameet 2020 is taking place end of October that additional month to Megameet 2021 is not a bad idea....

:192:

Stevie.P ... engaging in discussion and banter ...   :192: ....  :172: :181:

Offline Derchef1962

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2020, 12:17:35 PM »
*Originally Posted by healdem [+]

It's your event,  your rules, your choices. What I do know is that bartering  dates trying to fit in one will undoubtedly pee off others.
Thanks for your input Matt and while I am at it I beg to differ: to me it's our event with me organising it. This may give me a decisive vote on the odd issue but to me the date is up to discussion. One could argue the tradition of Megameets being held 2nd weekend in May with only the one exception you named sets up general rule under the Forum's Common Law principles but that's walking on very thin ice.

However my personal view is let's keep the tradition of 2nd May weekend as it puts a stop on complicated discussions and arrangements. Furthermore, it suits my personal planning for next year the best.

Offline T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2020, 02:10:25 PM »
However my personal view is let's keep the tradition of 2nd May weekend as it puts a stop on complicated discussions and arrangements. Furthermore, it suits my personal planning for next year the best.
:0461:  :028:

...happiness isn't happiness without a violin-playing goat...