Tiger 800 / 900 - Main Discussion Section > Misc Technical Help Required

2011 800 issue of potential low on power?

(1/4) > >>

cadcamcon:
after running my new to me 800 for almost 2k miles, i experienced something new today coming home from work.. i was accelerating around the 4-6k rpm area and when i closed the throttle a little bit, the exhaust note changed drastically. i accelerated a little more while the note changed and all of a sudden i had really really fast acceleration.. the power difference was like jumping from a 400cc bike to a 600cc crotch rocket.. might i have been running the bike with an issue this whole time? what might this issue be?

i always thought the 800 was a little slow and super gas guzzly

cadcamcon:
I just realized i can hold my hand on the middle cylinder header. no check engine light though

Stevie.P:
Definitely sounds like a middle cylinder issue, as in not firing. The ECU should flag up a fault light and code for fuel injector or ignition coil anomolies so I'd be tempted to think it's possibly a mechanical issue .... like a sticking valve or something.  :084:

cadcamcon:
I'll pull the tank off tonight and start with a compression/leakdown test and spark plug reading. I'll post those findings shortly after. any advice in the meantime will help

Guyver:
Defective spark plug or coil popped off the plug.

Easiest things to check first.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version