Tiger 800 / 900 - Main Discussion Section > General Maintenance and Servicing

Quick service

(1/2) > >>

Guyver:
I've got a long weekend coming up at the end of the month. The bikes done over 18,000 miles and was supposedly serviced before I bought the bike  :187:

I've got to remove the tank to fit my pre filter that just arrived so I'm thinking of doing a quick service while I've got chance.

I've listed things I think I'll need.
Anything I've missed??

Air filter
Oil and filter (+ crush washer)
Spark plugs
Brake fluid
Coolant
I'll also clean the butterfly's

Ideally I'd like to remove the radiator as the fan housing is covered in thick brown rust. But it was a git to refit when changing the rectifier over.

KildareMan:
I did the fan housing a couple of years ago. Do it now before it rusts through and leaves you with no fan (worst case)

Guyver:
Originally Posted by KildareMan I did the fan housing a couple of years ago. Do it now before it rusts through and leaves you with no fan (worst case)

How easy is it remove the bolts? Are they likely to shear off?
What paint did you use?

KildareMan:
I did some spraying onto and around bolts a few times before removing. They came out easily.

Cleaned all loose rust off, then treated all metal with one of those rust converters.

Then Hammerite is my friend

Guyver:
Originally Posted by KildareMan I did some spraying onto and around bolts a few times before removing. They came out easily.

Cleaned all loose rust off, then treated all metal with one of those rust converters.

Then Hammerite is my friend
Did wonder about Hammerite or if it needed to be heat resistant paint.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version