Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Lockdown  (Read 1908 times)

Offline tcbandituk

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: XRt & Street RS
Re: Lockdown
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2020, 09:43:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by Shergar [+]
My bike will be staying put for a while

Might be a good thing.
It could end up like Death Race 2000 as all the plebs get back on the roads over the first few days.....
2020 Street Triple RS
2018 Tiger 800 XRt
2017 ZX-10R KRT Track bike

TC Drag Bike

Offline grizzlybear

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: tiger 800Xr
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2020, 08:43:49 AM »
I on furlough for another 2 weeks so off on bike Wednesday 😀. F#k the decorating 😂😂
Safe Riding
Dave( Grizzlybear) honda 125T,  Z650C2, GPZ750, GTR1000, VX800, VN1500 ,2013 tiger800,2018 Tiger800Xr, CG125 and loads of C90`s  :)

Online Mav

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 800 XRx
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2020, 09:38:26 AM »
 :493:

Me too   :001:

I will have to take a flask of coffee, seeing as there are no cafes open  :003:
2017 XRx
2019 Royal Enfield Interceptor

Offline grizzlybear

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: tiger 800Xr
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2020, 10:43:56 AM »
Actually, the Waterside a cafe in Matlock is open, but I be j keeping away from people. Flask and sandwich for me 😀
Safe Riding
Dave( Grizzlybear) honda 125T,  Z650C2, GPZ750, GTR1000, VX800, VN1500 ,2013 tiger800,2018 Tiger800Xr, CG125 and loads of C90`s  :)

Online Mav

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 800 XRx
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2020, 11:53:17 AM »
Yeah, Matlock could be a little busy, last thing you want is to be stuck in a crowed.

I have found a couple of cafes open in the middle of nowhere, so I might have a look and see how busy they are.
2017 XRx
2019 Royal Enfield Interceptor

Offline prenticemarie

• Tiger Master
  • Moto2 GP - Hinckley Triples Rule !
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Road
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2020, 04:56:49 PM »
*Originally Posted by pemcer [+]
Am I right in thinking that from Wednesday onwards English motorcyclists will be able to go for a ride?
The following information precis has been issued to members of the Triumph Owners Motor Cycle Club (TOMCC) which may be of interest here and answers a few questions ...

Following the televised announcement on Sunday and the publishing of more detailed guidelines on Monday and the clarification of aspects to various organisations by the UK Government, the TOMCC are also updating their response to the measures in the UK that will be in place from Wednesday.

What the UK Government will be allowing from Wednesday 13th, though only for those living in England, is for you to use your motorcycles to travel to anywhere within England for the purposes of exercise. You will also be allowed to meet one person (who is not from your household) in a public space. This means that you could ride, on your own, to meet another member of your family or even a Club Member in a public area though you will still need to follow the Social Distancing Rules and stay 67 (2 metres) apart.

The UK Government have also stated that face coverings should be worn in any enclosed spaces where Social Distancing is not possible. Because these face coverings need not be medical grade you could happily use a motorcycle neck tube to cover your mouth and nose. The TOMCC has a suitable branded neck tube on sale through the TOMCC Merchandise website.

If you are considering taking your Triumph out on Wednesday then please give it a check-over first. If it has been standing for quite a few weeks then there may have been a change in its condition and the last thing you want is to breakdown on what might be the busiest day on the roads for quite a while. Also, in some areas, the NHS is still stretched which could affect both you and the service if you were to have a medical emergency.

The UK Government has made it very clear that if the rate of infection rises then the restrictions will be re-applied. We ask all our members to show common sense, avoid places that may be popular and crowded, and keep the chances of infection at a minimum so we can all return to normal the sooner.

We have been very proud of the restraint shown by our Members so far throughout this difficult period. Thank you for your understanding.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 05:00:05 PM by prenticemarie »
My My, How Time Flies ... 62 Years ... From BSA DBD34 Gold Star To Tiger 800 Road ... 1959 - 2021 !

Offline Guyver

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800XC
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2020, 11:01:16 PM »
Judging by the amount of passengers I've picked up today whilst driving a bus, they all think the lock down has ended.

Some old git had the nerve to say, after riding round for 2 hours, that he couldn't care less about the virus and he's just gonna go out and do what he likes. When I explained it's for the sake of other passengers and the drivers health too, he said tough!!  :232:

He's got a shock coming tomorrow as I'm on the same route and he WON'T be getting on the bus.

I'll also put a report in to the safer travel police and see if we can get his oap bus pass revoked. Let's see him go out shopping when he's outta food  :001:

Offline PapaTom

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Blue XRx (Gen2)
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2020, 05:15:30 PM »
First ride since allowed out.

Prozac can be put away now.

:031:

Offline coddy

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2020, 05:36:06 PM »
Nice one Tom, I'm looking forward to my ride in the Cotswolds and Malvern Hills on Sunday. Hopefully find a Brewery doing take outs to refill the beer cellar or what is more commonly known as the spare room.😉

Offline chuckxc

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike: 12XC, 18XCX
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2020, 10:54:41 PM »

Laterally unstable unless moving.

My third Triple - 1976 Laverda 3CL Jota
My 4cyl grunt - 2005 Honda CB1300F

Recent Topics

winded-staunch