Tiger 800 / 900 - Main Discussion Section > Tyres and Wheels

Hewitts of Banbury

(1/2) > >>

Shergar:
Hi

Looking for tyres and struggling to find many places that are open and fitting around Northampton, however Hewitts in Banbury is not much of  a ride / drive and are apparently operating as normal. Prices seem reasonable so I wondered if anyone has any experience of them at all. Always wary of who I use for tyres especially on the bike.

Alternatively any other suggestions that are not a million miles away?

Thanks

awjdthumper:
I've had motorcycle tyres changed at a local tyre centre before but have always removed the wheels myself. Provided they've got the tyres you want in stock (or can order them in) and are set up to handle motorcycle wheels then there shouldn't be a problem.

Shergar:
Originally Posted by awjdthumper I've had motorcycle tyres changed at a local tyre centre before but have always removed the wheels myself. Provided they've got the tyres you want in stock (or can order them in) and are set up to handle motorcycle wheels then there shouldn't be a problem.
Hi - Yes I will remove the wheels - just that some years back I had a wheel mullered by a not very competent fitter so am always a bit on edge when I have to use a place I don't know, on top of that half the motorcycle places are still closed due to Covid

Guyver:
Not fancy the idea of fitting them yourself?

Not as hard as it looks. I did mine and if I can do it then anyone can.

coddy:
I'm from Banbury and I've never heard of them. I can't give you any feedback due to I don't know anyone that's used them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version