Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2019 XRT Standard Equipment  (Read 953 times)

Offline DMH

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 16 Tiger 800 XCa
Re: 2019 XRT Standard Equipment
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2020, 06:10:04 PM »
Watky,
When I look at the current Triumph website, it has "Key Features" for each model, which doesn't specifically mention the center stand. What am I missing. I know that one can assume it comes with the stand since it's shown in all of the pictures and doesn't appear in the "Configure" section as an available option for the XRT. Sorry to be a nit picker but I need to have a solid position to make the dealer perform. Thanks again.

Offline ped

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: tiger 800
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2020, 07:05:45 PM »
hi yes the 2019 xrt comes with a center stand as standard i no this because i have one the only thing it does not come with is a beak and tpms some one has taken it of because it comes from the triumph factory with it on
unless its the low version which i think the low version only comes in a xrx

Offline watky

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Member
  • 2018 XRT
  • Bike: Xrt 800
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2020, 07:11:29 PM »
Hi there i looked this up on" triumphmotorcycles.co.uk ." I clicked on the new motorcycles tab then adventure then tiger 800 it then gives options for different models. I then went and looked at the side by side differences of each model. There at the end it lists each models "core values" where it states that the xrt has a centre stand, heated grips etc. Hope this helps.
I do not know wether specification varies in different continents. But in UK all 2018 on xrt's have a centre stand
Good luck

Offline watky

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Member
  • 2018 XRT
  • Bike: Xrt 800
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2020, 07:19:24 PM »
Just checked on triumphmotorcycles.usa it is the same as UK. On the website go to - tiger 800 overview- scroll down and its there in core features.

Offline DMH

• Tiger Member
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2020, 09:29:09 PM »
Watky,
I finally found it. Thanks much!

Offline Phurtim

• Tiger Member
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2020, 02:08:31 PM »
As a postscript to this thread, although the XRT has a centre stand it is impossible to get the bike on to it for a large number of people. I can only get it on the stand by first pushing the back wheel on to a bit of wood to raise it.

It's a well known design flaw on this bike, with lots of discussion around it. I understand the new 900 GTP is far easier.

Offline DMH

• Tiger Member
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2020, 04:44:09 PM »
I had a lowered XCA before the new bike. It had the same issue with the center stand but I found the process of putting all your weight on it and pulling backwards did the trick. Mostly I use it for parking in the garage and working on the bike.

Offline applecorp

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800 XRT 2018
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2020, 07:35:39 AM »
*Originally Posted by Phurtim [+]
As a postscript to this thread, although the XRT has a centre stand it is impossible to get the bike on to it for a large number of people. I can only get it on the stand by first pushing the back wheel on to a bit of wood to raise it.

It's a well known design flaw on this bike, with lots of discussion around it. I understand the new 900 GTP is far easier.

Never had a bike before where it was a problem to put on a centre stand, until I bought the XRT. Had I known before my purchase it could have been a deal breaker as I use the CS a lot for cleaning and maintenance. Good to hear they've improved it on the new model.

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2020, 10:05:45 AM »
*Originally Posted by Phurtim [+]

Interesting. I have no issues with my XRX and generally the problem getting the bike onto the centre stand seems to mainly affect bikes with 21 front wheels with the longer stand.

Online tcbandituk

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: XRt & Street RS
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2020, 10:16:16 AM »
My Xrt is definitely a little harder work getting on the centre stand, but not excessively so. It's worse than some I've had and better than others.
Oh and it's a late 2018 that definitely came with the stand as standard....
2020 Street Triple RS
2018 Tiger 800 XRt

TC Drag Bike

Recent Topics

winded-staunch