Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New bike opinions with money saved from cancelled holidays  (Read 170 times)

Offline kokkios

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2016 Tiger800XRT
Hi everyone

I am the OP of this thread https://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php/topic,27597.0/topicseen.html

It seems that my plans for this year are now definitely cancelled and i am not going anywhere... so i am thinking how to make a lemonade from the lemons handed to all of us this summer. Could i maybe use the money saved for this years trip for a new bike? Namely a Continental GT 650? I like the looks but would like some feedback from you knowledgeable people. Is this bike worth it? I am talking about reliability, built quality, riding. Any input would be useful

Offline AvgBear

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: '12 Venom Roadie
Re: New bike opinions with money saved from cancelled holidays
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2020, 06:56:29 PM »
I looked one over, closely, when my dealer got one last year and I was suitably impressed -- the R.E. 650 twins look like decent motorbikes to me.
I've read some really good reviews -- see "FortNine" for one by a non-journo.
I attended a major bike event last Fall where manufacturers were giving test-rides and the R.E. 650 twins were in-demand.
There are a terrible lot of lies going about the world, and the worst of it is that half of them are true.
WSC

Recent Topics