Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Givi rear rack for 900  (Read 370 times)

Online Matchbox

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT Low
Givi rear rack for 900
« on: May 19, 2020, 03:26:16 PM »
I note that Givi now list a rack for the 900. Part no. SR6415. Listed as Article in manufacturing. Useful to know if you are transferring Givi boxes from other bikes.

Offline Maviso

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT Pro
Re: Givi rear rack for 900
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2020, 04:18:53 PM »
Here is what I know so far as I was hoping to move at least the Givi Monokey TRK 52N top box, TRK 46 & TRK 33 panniers & PLR6409 rapid release Givi pannier rack - on to my new Tiger 900 GT Pro.

It looked for all the world as if the new Triumph Trekker range was going to be the same but branded Triumph. I bought the Triumph 900 A9500640 sliding carriage and surprise surprise my existing TRK 52 topbox almost fitted - except Triumph have moved the locking tongue 20mm. That poses no problem as a drill and a Torx tool sorts it out.

However this is unlikely to be possible on the A9501288 Triumph Trekker pannier rails as the locking tongues on these will be welded. In addition these are not rapid release as far as anyone knows - nobody I know has seen them yet and for me personally I don't want to be riding round with a load of extra scaffolding on my bike when I'm not touring.

So to summarise I have sold all my current Givi luggage with my XRX. I have asked Givi when they might be bringing out rapid release pannier rack for the 900 today but haven't had a reply yet.

The good news is there is a semi blank page for the Tiger 900 on Givi site here https://www.givi.it/my-motorcycle/bike/triumph/tiger-900-20

If I learn more I will post it here.
We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are.

Offline Derchef1962

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: White 800 Roadie
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2020, 08:00:28 AM »
That is a big surprise. What puzzles me is the fact that the fittings in the boxes are moulded into the plastic. Moving the locking tongue would mean a different box so different manufacturing forms and all. Normally a manufacturer would not do that as it is simply too expensive.

We really have to see the rails in real life
Life is too short to drink bad wine or to ride bad bikes.

Online Matchbox

• Tiger Member
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2020, 03:23:24 PM »
Yes, I had the same thought. However if you look at the base of a topbox the latch mechanism is a seperate moulding approx. 10cm square set into the base.  I guess this could be modified with less expense.
The actual panniers have a one piece base so more of a problem.
My bike arrives next Tuesday with pannier rails so ill let you know!

Online Matchbox

• Tiger Member
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2020, 12:51:59 AM »
No, Givi panniers do not fit! Same discrepancy with the latch as the topbox and more challenging to overcome. I think I can make a small bracket to adjust this...

The bike is great!

Offline Derchef1962

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: White 800 Roadie
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2020, 07:30:42 AM »
*Originally Posted by Matchbox [+]
No, Givi panniers do not fit! Same discrepancy with the latch as the topbox and more challenging to overcome. I think I can make a small bracket to adjust this...

The bike is great!

Thanks for the info mate...
Now how stupid is that? I have to buy new panniers of almost the same make just because it pleased Mr Triumph to move the fitting points?
Life is too short to drink bad wine or to ride bad bikes.

Offline Pizzarepairman

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800XRX
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2020, 09:59:39 AM »
Whenever Givi make kit for bike manufacturers there are slight differences that mean standard Givi parts will rarely work with what Givi make as OEM for Triumph/Honda/Kawasaki.

Recent Topics