Bikers Chat > On Two Wheels

keeps your eyes peeled.

<< < (2/5) > >>

K1W1:
Now explain to our US cousins the relationship (tenuous I know) between peeled and Police.  :002:

healdem:
Originally Posted by K1W1 Now explain to our US cousins the relationship (tenuous I know) between peeled and Police.  :002:

No :017:,  theres always Google for such obscure details  :008:

Q:
Originally Posted by K1W1 Now explain to our US cousins the relationship (tenuous I know) between peeled and Police.  :002:

or why the Irish used to call their currency a "punt" - apparently because it rhymes with "bank manager"?

asking for a friend of course :-)

Derchef1962:
Originally Posted by healdem IIRC the last invasion of the British isles was French, that happened in Wales in 1797. Having supported the tax dodgers in the 1770's, France fancied their chances at freeing Wales and in the process beat the nasty enemy the evil English.

not exactly the last invasion, 30 June 1940 the Channel Islands were occupied by the Germans....

K1W1:
Originally Posted by Derchef1962 not exactly the last invasion, 30 June 1940 the Channel Islands were occupied by the Germans....

The Channel Islands are not the British Isles. If you want to use that example then the latest invasion was the Argentinian invasion of the Falkland Islands in 1982.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version