Accessories, Products, and Clothing > Sat Navs, Cams, Comms, Gadgets, and other tech toys

My Triumph App

(1/2) > >>

Taffswell1:
While waiting to test ride the new 900 I wondered if anyone has any experience of the My Triumph App navigation system that it is designed to use. Specifically interested in its performance compared to dedicated Satnavs  such as Garmin or TomTom. At the launch of the bikes, just prior to lockdown in the UK, it wasn’t clear how the location and route directions would cope when you go off grid (lose mobile phone signal).  After all the bike is an adventure bike :002:

KildareMan:
If say it works in a very similar fashion to my Beeline in that when you set your route you can turn data off if you wish as your phone takes a snapshot of the route. Only "issue" with this is you don't get rerouting just the app showing you way back to the point you left the route.

K1W1:
Originally Posted by Taffswell1 While waiting to test ride the new 900 I wondered if anyone has any experience of the My Triumph App navigation system that it is designed to use. Specifically interested in its performance compared to dedicated Satnavs  such as Garmin or TomTom. At the launch of the bikes, just prior to lockdown in the UK, it wasn’t clear how the location and route directions would cope when you go off grid (lose mobile phone signal).  After all the bike is an adventure bike :002:

AFAIK the Triumph app is nothing except a set of turn left at the next street, turn right at the roundabout sort of directions. It is not going to be any use at all on non public roads or off road.It does not display any sort of map simply an arrow indicating which way to turn so that immediately makes it behind a dedicated GPS or the maps software on the screen of a phone.
As it uses the map software in the owners phone the GPS chip inside the phone should continue to work just fine as long as it has access to GPS info regardless of whether there is a phone connection available. All the phone connection does is make the map location data a little more accurate.

YorkieBoy:
Loaded it yesterday, out of curiosity. It looks fairly interesting but clearly isn't going to be much use with my '16 800. Bizarrely (& irritatingly), when I look at certain accounts on Twitter, my iPhone switches to the Triumph app!

Has anyone else experienced this?

KildareMan:
Had a look. Pretty much like Beeline worth added triumph integration- odo etc. I'll stick with the beeline as it's portable- I've used mine in the car as well as on the tiger and it's a similar price,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version