Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 12 volt switched feed  (Read 228 times)

Offline fastnfat

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT Pro
12 volt switched feed
« on: May 29, 2020, 03:57:02 PM »
I took delivery of a 900GT Pro yesterday.

Was wondering if anybody knows of a switched 12volt feed that I can use to power a satnav? On my previous 800 one of the options was to use the 12v feed to the horn which was permanently on but on this later model the positive feed is only live when you press the horn push!
Puzzled at the moment🤔

Ta
Tiger 900 GT Pro
Ducati Monster 1100 EVO

Offline Rgh999

• Tiger Member
Re: 12 volt switched feed
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2020, 04:20:57 PM »
Ive used the feed to the usb slot. Dead easy. Four bolts to undo the under seat tray. Tap into the wire before the connector plug that goes to the usb socket. Think its green, or blue, cant remember, but the other one is black so you cant go wrong. When I first checked the cable with ignition on there was no live, but as soon as you start the engine it becomes live. Ive taken the feed to a power bank so can add up to five accessories via the relay. I currently am selling a small eastern beaver fuse relay which is perfect if your planning to run any other accessories at a later date.

Offline fastnfat

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT Pro
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2020, 05:52:39 PM »
Thanks for the info. Me being an impatient git though, I ordered a Thunderbox not long after I posted.
Thanks again
Tiger 900 GT Pro
Ducati Monster 1100 EVO

Offline Rgh999

• Tiger Member
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2020, 06:13:30 PM »
No problem.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch