Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: TigerTool V3.0 Almost Ready - Beta Testers Wanted  (Read 2512 times)

Online T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
TigerTool V3.0 Almost Ready - Beta Testers Wanted
« on: May 30, 2020, 03:15:16 PM »
I've finished TigerTool V3.0 as far as I can for now and so it's ready for beta testers. It's already been tested on a Tiger Sport to check the new TPMS sensor programming and instrument menu options, all of which worked perfectly.

More details on the features of V3 can be found here.
https://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php/topic,13620.msg302435.html#msg302435

Ideally you should already be familiar with TigerTool and have the necessary ELM327 OBD cable / interface for your PC. I'm looking for any issues or error messages when using the software as I now only have my virtual Tiger800 and Tiger 1200XRT to use for code development & testing. The beta version includes debug code that would might be of interest to me if you have any problems while testing. Also just some general usage feedback would be very useful.

I need to spend some time re-writing the manual but I can do that while others are trying to find any bugs.

PM me if interested & able to help, then I'll reply with a download link.

...happiness isn't happiness without a violin-playing goat...

Offline Silverstripes

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 xrt
Re: TigerTool V3.0 Almost Ready - Beta Testers Wanted
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2020, 08:51:21 PM »
Rich

Count me in

Adrian
It wasn't me !!

Online T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2020, 12:37:30 PM »
*Originally Posted by Silverstripes [+]
Rich

Count me in

Adrian
PM sent.  :028:

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2020, 08:30:57 PM »
I had a bit of a rushed try Sunday afternoon first (for interest) running through the program and all tabs with the bike cold, stopped and simply ignition switched on. All seems good though I did have a couple of minor things on the instrument tab settings that may have been something or more likely something I did wrong (like doing it with engine off?) as they later worked as expected, I'll PM what I recall back to T800XC for feedback (and try to reproduce the errors next try soon - see below).

After a short local 10 minute ride and warming the tyres up found I hadn't thought well enough in advance about what I needed to achieve testing the TPMS tab and had to switch off to unlock the rear seat, quickly restarted the bike to find I still had tyre pressure readings but by the time I reconnected the laptop etc. the readings had ceased being sent (though sensor I.Ds read still). So re-run needed and 2nd key to hand so I can leave the bike running and quickly hook up the laptop and prioritise the TPMS tab.

First impression, as clear and simple to use as previous versions with a bit more information. :047:

Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Online T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2020, 08:21:34 PM »
Good to see Silverstripes today, and some very useful debug info was gathered from his TFT-equipped 800XRT.  :028:

Anyone else with a copy of the beta version please post or PM as soon as you've had a chance to test it on your bike.

:031:

Offline Silverstripes

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 xrt
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2020, 03:07:49 PM »
Glad to help in some small way.  :173:
It wasn't me !!

Offline Londonglide

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: xc
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2020, 11:28:40 AM »
Currently trying mine on a 2012XC , with ABS, but no TPMS, using Win10 laptop, and a bbfly odb cable.

It doesn't like my generic cable, or of course the Lonelec cable for TuneECU, which is as I would expect.

Connects well, similar layout, which is good. I have ABS on mine, and it failed to read the ABS codes a few times, then read and erased one without issue.
The button for bleeding ABS is permanently Greyed out, the reported voltage is 11.5 currently, so I don't know if that's a reason?

Will let the bike battery charge a bit, then retry with both the Win10, and if I still have it, a Win7 Laptop

Hope that helps.

Online T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2020, 11:58:16 AM »
*Originally Posted by Londonglide [+]
Currently trying mine on a 2012XC , with ABS, but no TPMS, using Win10 laptop, and a bbfly odb cable.

It doesn't like my generic cable, or of course the Lonelec cable for TuneECU, which is as I would expect.

Connects well, similar layout, which is good. I have ABS on mine, and it failed to read the ABS codes a few times, then read and erased one without issue.
The button for bleeding ABS is permanently Greyed out, the reported voltage is 11.5 currently, so I don't know if that's a reason?

Will let the bike battery charge a bit, then retry with both the Win10, and if I still have it, a Win7 Laptop

Hope that helps.

Thanks, that helps.  :028:

You're right, of course, about the TuneECU-type cables not working.

The greyed-out bleed button issue has just this minute been fixed on the version I'm playing with this morning (just found the bug myself and know how I caused it).

The ABS connect issue is quite common even with Triumph's own diagnostic software from what I've seen. I'll try to make it a little more stable/reliable but I think it's down to the ABS ECM's responses so maybe not much I can do.

Online T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2020, 12:16:25 PM »
For anyone with TPMS on their 800 (regardless of bike version), can you let me know if your bike has the option to select 'kPa' as the pressure units?
I know this can be done on my Tiger 1200XRT with TFT, but don't recall it as an option on my mk1 800XC or mk1 Explorer so want to try to find out when it was introduced.

The same goes for the ambient air temperature display. My old 800XC didn't have a temperature display but I believe it was introduced from the mk2 onwards.

The reason for these questions is that I've just found the commands to add both of these options to the 'Insts' tab on TigerTool V3 and need to confirm on which bikes they apply.

Ta.

Offline Londonglide

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: xc
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2020, 12:20:31 PM »
Glad to here that its not me with the ABS, as I recently bled them with TuneECU after a fluid flush.
Thought I'd broken something...
The ABS ECU Ping timeout is happening 3 out of 5, but once connected, all is good.
Just tried it on Win7 32 bit, and running well, behaving same way.
If I try to connect to TPMS, it of course fails, as I have none, well I have Steelmate, which I know was incompatible, but it then adds the Immobiliser ECU version to the info tab, so its useful even then..

Recent Topics