Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: TigerTool V3.0 Almost Ready - Beta Testers Wanted  (Read 2399 times)

Offline T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
Re: TigerTool V3.0 Almost Ready - Beta Testers Wanted
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2020, 12:29:57 PM »
*Originally Posted by Londonglide [+]
If I try to connect to TPMS, it of course fails, as I have none, well I have Steelmate, which I know was incompatible, but it then adds the Immobiliser ECU version to the info tab, so its useful even then..
What do you mean by 'fails'? Do you get any other error messages?

The fact it's displaying the immobiliser info means that it's communicated OK, then it should read the TPMS status regardless of whether you have TPMS sensors fitted or whether it's enabled.

...happiness isn't happiness without a violin-playing goat...

Offline Londonglide

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: xc
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2020, 12:48:14 PM »
Sorry, by fails, I mean it can't connect to TPMS sensors, as they are not on the bike, so it fails to connect to them, not fails to try, if that makes sense.
It seems to work as it should for a bike with no TPMS.

Offline T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2020, 12:50:28 PM »
OK, got it.

It's finding the TPMS but reading no sensor IDs (as they've not been programmed yet) and it's showing the system as 'disabled'. That's the behaviour I'd expect so all doing what it should.  :028:

Ta.

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2020, 05:29:06 PM »
I completely missed the ABS Bleed button when I ran through the program and didn't even think about the procedure until now reading todays posts, so I'm guessing it wasn't available for me also.

I have just checked the bikes 'units' menu options and regarding pressure I only have the option of psi or bar and regarding ambient temperature I have both standard options, deg C or F available ... 2015 XRT.
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline kevsmith4

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XCA
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2020, 06:22:45 PM »
Hi Rich,

I had a chance to test TigerTool v3 today.  I think I managed to run through every single option available in it and in general everything seems to function as expected.   :152:

I ran in to the ABS bleed function being greyed out but it looks like you are aware of this.

I created a few DTC's to ensure the tool was able to successfully clear them.  I also reset the SIA and checked the throttle balance.

I did come across a rounding/conversion discrepancy with the Odo Reading.  The bike clocks display 11392 miles and TigerTool is showing 11391 miles in the set service interval menu.  When switching to km's instead of miles, both the bike and TigerTool match up.

Kev.

Offline T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2020, 07:47:11 PM »
*Originally Posted by kevsmith4 [+]
I did come across a rounding/conversion discrepancy with the Odo Reading.  The bike clocks display 11392 miles and TigerTool is showing 11391 miles in the set service interval menu.  When switching to km's instead of miles, both the bike and TigerTool match up.

This is one I'm aware of too and have already addressed. Triumph use different rounding calculations in the clocks depending on the bike model (and generation). All distance data is stored in km then converted to miles as required.

Can you change your units to km and repeat the Odo reading? (km readings will always be correct)

I'll send you a PM with some further quick debug info then I can check the conversion factor being used on your specific model.

Offline kevsmith4

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XCA
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2020, 08:15:26 PM »
I thought it would be a conversion issue as all the engine management systems I have worked with calculate everything in kms by default in the software.

As mentioned I switched between miles and kms and the km values were correct.

Offline saddletramp

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger800xc
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2020, 05:45:06 PM »
Well, since I am having trouble getting V2.5 to work I might be the perfect beta tester for V3.  Send it along and I will provide some Canadian feedback:).

It seems my problems with V2.5 are related to drivers, or computer- not with the software.
Rory  (RJ to my buddies)

'11 WR250R
'13 Tiger 800XC

Offline leew

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: 1050 Tiger Sport
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2020, 06:22:54 PM »
Hi again T800XC,
I tested & used your earlier version (but for the 1050 Sport, 65 plate), If it works with the Sport (as you were going to try to make it 1 version fits all, if I remember correctly) I'll be more than happy to give it a go!! As the last version was simple & superb!
Send me a download link.
Thanks,
Lee :152:

Offline T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2020, 06:50:59 PM »
*Originally Posted by leew [+]
Hi again T800XC,
I tested & used your earlier version (but for the 1050 Sport, 65 plate), If it works with the Sport (as you were going to try to make it 1 version fits all, if I remember correctly) I'll be more than happy to give it a go!! As the last version was simple & superb!
Send me a download link.
Thanks,
Lee :152:
Yes it should now support Mk2 (VIN 570059-750469) & Mk3 (750470+) Sport / 1050 models. The Mk1s didn't have CAN bus so there's more code needed to add them to TigerTool. I did try a debug version of that earlier this year with good success. I'm just adding a few fixes to the next Beta version then I'll PM a link.

I'm also looking at adding a command line switch option to allow V3 to be tried on currently unsupported models such as the Speed / Street Triple etc. Many of these share similar ECUs so should work, but then I'll have to think of a new name for TigerTool...!  :156: :110:

Recent Topics

winded-staunch