Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: TigerTool V3.0 Almost Ready - Beta Testers Wanted  (Read 2511 times)

Online tauzero

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
Re: TigerTool V3.0 Almost Ready - Beta Testers Wanted
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2020, 08:14:23 PM »
A quick test this evening showed it connected fine and read the instrument values. I've got a Raspberry Pi with rtl_433 on it and an incoming DVB-T dongle so must try exploring the wonderful world of TPMS sensors.
Tiger 800 XRx, Bonneville T120 Black, SpeedTona, Speed Dent
Gone but not forgotten: Scrambler 900, Tiger 1050, Bonneville SE, Sprint ST 955i, Trophy 4, Sprint 900, Daytona 900, Tiger 900, Trident 900

Offline Baetech

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: tiger 800XRt
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2020, 03:20:56 PM »
*Originally Posted by T800XC [+]
I've finished TigerTool V3.0 as far as I can for now and so it's ready for beta testers. It's already been tested on a Tiger Sport to check the new TPMS sensor programming and instrument menu options, all of which worked perfectly.

More details on the features of V3 can be found here.
https://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php/topic,13620.msg302435.html#msg302435

Ideally you should already be familiar with TigerTool and have the necessary ELM327 OBD cable / interface for your PC. I'm looking for any issues or error messages when using the software as I now only have my virtual Tiger800 and Tiger 1200XRT to use for code development & testing. The beta version includes debug code that would might be of interest to me if you have any problems while testing. Also just some general usage feedback would be very useful.

I need to spend some time re-writing the manual but I can do that while others are trying to find any bugs.

PM me if interested & able to help, then I'll reply with a download link.

I dont have Tiger Tool rather i have the dealer tool, if compatible i will be whiling to test and use, i have an 2016/800 and 2018/1200 let em know!

Offline Thripster

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2020, 12:01:06 PM »
Swill awaiting OBD cable from Ali Express - when that has arrived I would be glad to do some testing, if still required.

Regards

Offline Thripster

• Tiger Member
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2020, 04:32:30 PM »
I have ordered and received one of the recommended scanners: bbfly-BF32302 FTDI Chip USB Scanner. In the instructions, it is asking me to got to http://www.bbflyobd.com/download

This is reported as an insecure website and has a message saying 'Service Unavailable'.

Based upon that, I have the following questions please.

(a) Do I need to install device drivers from bbfly? Surely the device drivers are already installed?

(b) The instructions further go on with URL's for Driver installation guides (http://www.ftdichip.com/support/documents/installguides.htm), Forscan software (http://Forscan.org/), ELMconfig software (http://civil.iffc.ru/elmconfig/) Do I need to look at any of these?

I have looked at the driver installation guide and there are a plethora of drivers listed. Do not know where to start. Any pointers please. Am running Windows 10.

Thank you

Neil
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 04:38:19 PM by Thripster »

Online T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2020, 05:46:33 PM »
*Originally Posted by Thripster [+]
(a) Do I need to install device drivers from bbfly? Surely the device drivers are already installed?

(b) Do I need to look at any of these?
(a) = no & yes*
(b) = no

*Windows should automatically install the relevant drivers.

The BBFLY website often reports as insecure. Sometimes I get the warning and sometimes I don't.

...happiness isn't happiness without a violin-playing goat...

Offline Thripster

• Tiger Member
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2020, 08:19:10 PM »
Many thanks T800 XC

Offline Mike_Blomquist

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger900 R pro
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2020, 07:40:50 PM »
fantastic. just as i was looking to re-pair TPMS on me and my mates tiger900 ( we swapped wheels, not knowing they were locked, first bike with TPMS ) already have a working ELM327 connector. any chance of testing it? :)

Cheers mate, good stuff!

/Mike
//Tiger 900 Rally Pro

Online T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2020, 07:45:45 PM »
*Originally Posted by Mike_Blomquist [+]
fantastic. just as i was looking to re-pair TPMS on me and my mates tiger900 ( we swapped wheels, not knowing they were locked, first bike with TPMS ) already have a working ELM327 connector. any chance of testing it? :)

Cheers mate, good stuff!

/Mike
I'll send you a link later. Do you know if the 900 has a Chassis ECU or separate immobiliser as-per the 800?

Offline Mike_Blomquist

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger900 R pro
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2020, 07:50:47 PM »
wow! that was fast! im not sure how to tell, i do find a " chassis control unit" in a partslist for it though. can i physically check it somehow ? i'll do it right away if that's the case. many thanks mate! ( also agree you should at least take a donation or something from us who benefit from your work that's already been dun. )
//Tiger 900 Rally Pro

Online T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2020, 08:36:02 PM »
If it has a Chassis ECU it'll probably be under the seat, as with the Tiger 1200.

As mentioned before, TigerTool V3 can't yet access the Chassis ECU to edit the TPMS settings, but I'm working on it.

Either way I'll send you the beta version to test just in case.

Recent Topics