Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Screw-on Aftermarket TPMS Integrated Into Dash!  (Read 4486 times)

Online T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
Re: Screw-on Aftermarket TPMS Integrated Into Dash!
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2020, 04:18:27 PM »
*Originally Posted by kevsmith4 [+]
It may not be ideal nor could I guaranteed how weatherproof it would be but I am happy to help design and 3D print a custom enclosure for the electronics.
:493:

I did think about this option as I occasionally use Solidworks for housing & other mechanical design work, then I get 3D-Print UK to do the printing in SLS nylon. I need to test some of my existing printed items to check their weatherproofing, but a lacquer, conformal coating or just a general spray could help improve that if necessary.

I'm trying not to get too hung-up on the weatherproofing needs as I plan to mount my unit behind the pillion seat, under the rear rack, where it's generally dry anyway.

Will keep all this in mind though.

...happiness isn't happiness without a violin-playing goat...

Online Londonglide

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: xc
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2020, 08:00:48 PM »
I've got the Steel mate TP-90 externals on my 800XC.
Will it work for them?

Online T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2020, 09:35:39 PM »
*Originally Posted by Londonglide [+]
I've got the Steel mate TP-90 externals on my 800XC.
Will it work for them?
in short, no, but see previous replies to questions about suitable sensors for more info.

The Steelmate units only work with their recever / display. The system I'm using has similar sensors but the receiver has a USB port for use with Android in-car head units.

By decoding the comms then converting the signal to suit Triumph bikes, and finally injecting the resultant messages onto the bike's CAN bus, it's possible to get the pressure details to be displayed on the instruments / dash, but with user adjustment options.

Offline DrSchmitz

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRX
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2020, 06:43:20 AM »
Hey T800XC,

Anything new about the development of this system?

I'm very interested in it and I would pay good money to integrate aftermarket sensors.  :001:
As I have a small 3D printer, I could also try to print a case for the electronics...

Online T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2021, 01:05:57 PM »
*Originally Posted by DrSchmitz [+]
Hey T800XC,

Anything new about the development of this system?

I'm very interested in it and I would pay good money to integrate aftermarket sensors.  :001:
As I have a small 3D printer, I could also try to print a case for the electronics...
Thanks for your interest. I did some more work on the system last year and a bit of testing in the summer, but it had to take a back seat due to taking on a big contract for one of my customers about 6 months ago. I'll get back to the PCB and case design (I have a 3D printer too) as soon as possible because I want to get this system on my Tiger 1200 until I can fit OEM sensors at the next tyre change.

Offline celbey

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: 15 Tiger 800xcx
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2021, 08:44:19 PM »
Hey T800XC,

Do you have any progress on this project?

Thank you,

Recent Topics