Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Givi panniers on Tiger 900 frames  (Read 714 times)

Offline Matchbox

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT Low
Givi panniers on Tiger 900 frames
« on: May 30, 2020, 08:49:26 PM »
As discussed elsewhere Givi boxes do not fit the Triumph pannier mounts. However it is possible to make a small bracket/adaptor to enable this. I made a pair today using a milling machine to shape and drill some aluminium. Not too difficult! Helpful if you have a drawer full of scrap metal, preferably aluminium.

I will post photo once I have worked out how to upload pics which so far has defeated me.

Offline Matchbox

• Tiger Member
Re: Givi panniers on Tiger 900 frames
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2020, 05:49:23 PM »
Some finessing still to be done!

Offline Derchef1962

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 800 Roadie, 2013
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2020, 07:24:50 PM »
Interesting to see that. Why on earth Triumph decided to go its own way with the panniers I don't know. So if I ever part with my Tiger 800 I guess I have to sell the Givi panniers with it or wait and see whether Givi is coming up with their own set of pannier rails which I doubt they will as they spoil business for Triumph them being their partners in crime.
Life is too short to drink bad wine or to ride bad bikes.

Offline Matchbox

• Tiger Member
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2020, 08:02:11 PM »
I think Givi will have there own rails quite soon. They already have topbox mount in manufacturing. The Triumph ones are probably made by them as are, of course, the boxes. Most bike manufacturers cases are made by well known luggage makers!

Offline Shortstock

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2020, 09:25:02 PM »
*Originally Posted by Matchbox [+]
As discussed elsewhere Givi boxes do not fit the Triumph pannier mounts. However it is possible to make a small bracket/adaptor to enable this. I made a pair today using a milling machine to shape and drill some aluminium. Not too difficult! Helpful if you have a drawer full of scrap metal, preferably aluminium.

I will post photo once I have worked out how to upload pics which so far has defeated me.
How did you fit the topbox?

Offline Matchbox

• Tiger Member
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2020, 09:54:08 PM »
The latch needs moving 20mm forward and you are in business!
Incidentally, I hate the sliding carriage as it rattles on my less than smooth roads! Comes apart quite easily and then top plate can be mounted solidly. I needed to make 4 spacers for this but I think it could be done without.
Do not see the point of the sliding. Less than 10mm in each direction. Whats the benefit?

Offline Shortstock

• Tiger Member
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2020, 10:23:03 PM »
Ok thanks I think I will wait and see if I can buy the Givi bracket with new topbox and plate.
As mine went with the sale of the old tiger.
I found a pic of the brackets cant seem to upload to this site for some reason.
Although not able to buy annoyingly at present.
Bike expected in two weeks.
Not paying for triumph ones they had enough

Online tauzero

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2020, 01:48:40 AM »
Givi are listing a Tiger 900 rack for a topbox (SR6415, needs a plate as well) - I suspect the pannier rails will be along soonish.
Tiger 800 XRx, Bonneville T120 Black, SpeedTona, Speed Dent
Gone but not forgotten: Scrambler 900, Tiger 1050, Bonneville SE, Sprint ST 955i, Trophy 4, Sprint 900, Daytona 900, Tiger 900, Trident 900

Offline Shortstock

• Tiger Member
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2020, 06:50:50 PM »
I have had the Givi parts and fitted cant seem to upload pics to this site if you want any let me know and I will send you them

Recent Topics

winded-staunch