Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: £14 Chinese spot lights fitted, they look pretty good.  (Read 1832 times)

Offline Jakm15

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Xr
Thought I'd give the cheap lights a try for the price they are, all the others are bonkers money. Got a Denali mounting bracket off ebay for £30. I'm pretty impressed with them, I wasn't going to wire them up because I just wanted them for the look but the horn was right next to them so I just picked a feed up of that and fitted the switch on the bars and earthed it on the frame, nice and neat no wires in sight.

Previous 2009 Street Triple 675 Owner

Current 2011 Tiger 800 Xr Owner

Offline Dazcoates

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 xrt
Re: £14 Chinese spot lights fitted, they look pretty good.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2020, 08:54:49 PM »
Look like the same ones I have , mine have been on 18 months now and are still working fine . The paint has started to peel and flake off the thin metal " guards" . But for that money who's bothered  :152:

Offline Jakm15

• Tiger Member
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2020, 08:56:46 PM »
thats not bad then, mine were silver but I wanted them black so I've just give them a few coats of black.

Offline Bikertone7

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Road
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2020, 09:09:58 PM »
Had these on my Tiger for a couple of years now and great for the money. I made my own brackets so the whole job was about 15 quid. Just one problem though - don't know about yours but mine are three phase. The problems I had come from bike stalls to a faulty connection causing the lights to jump to the next phase. Settings 1 and 2 are no problem but phase 3 is flashing. Came up the motorway for about 20 miles with them on this setting wondering why cars were pulling over. Was nearly home before I  spotted my reflection in a car in front of me!! Doh!!  :138:
Other Bikes: 1968 Triumph TR6 650cc (american export model), 1991 Transalp XL600V (everyday runabout), 1979 Kawasaki KL250 Trail Bike project.

Offline Jakm15

• Tiger Member
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2020, 09:13:01 PM »
Yeah they do have that silly 3 mode thing, I've watched a YouTube video about soldering a resistor in to stop it so I might do that. It might be handy for filtering though 🤣

*Originally Posted by Bikertone7 [+]
Had these on my Tiger for a couple of years now and great for the money. I made my own brackets so the whole job was about 15 quid. Just one problem though - don't know about yours but mine are three phase. The problems I had come from bike stalls to a faulty connection causing the lights to jump to the next phase. Settings 1 and 2 are no problem but phase 3 is flashing. Came up the motorway for about 20 miles with them on this setting wondering why cars were pulling over. Was nearly home before I  spotted my reflection in a car in front of me!! Doh!!  :138:

Offline Bikertone7

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Road
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2020, 10:04:40 PM »
I saw the youtube vids and whilst the lights look the same they don't all have the the same circuit boards and I never found the vid that showed you how to alter mine. I'm also not sure that its legal to have them on flash mode. In the finish I did actually change them for single phase lights that I'm very pleased with. I do prefer the look of Jakm15's though.
Other Bikes: 1968 Triumph TR6 650cc (american export model), 1991 Transalp XL600V (everyday runabout), 1979 Kawasaki KL250 Trail Bike project.

Offline 9w6vx

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800XR 2018
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2020, 06:36:02 AM »
jakm15,

The lights look wicked and cool!

Offline Snooky

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800 Roadie
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2020, 10:05:05 AM »
I have those but found you can get the 2 phase ones so don't need to worry about the flashing. what bracket have you used? Mine just hang down from the screen bolts but like the under slung one looks more substantial
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Offline Jakm15

• Tiger Member
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2020, 10:34:08 AM »
I'll give those a go then if these pack in.

Yeah the bracket is nice and neat and very substantial here's the link

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/323571871682

*Originally Posted by Snooky [+]
I have those but found you can get the 2 phase ones so don't need to worry about the flashing. what bracket have you used? Mine just hang down from the screen bolts but like the under slung one looks more substantial

Offline Flyingbanana

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800,SV1000
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2020, 09:37:55 AM »
Have you got a link to the lights  :493:
'' Motorcycling is a tool with which you can accomplish something meaningful in your life. It is an art ''

Recent Topics

winded-staunch