Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: £14 Chinese spot lights fitted, they look pretty good.  (Read 1831 times)

Offline MrFinch

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: '66 800 XRX
Re: £14 Chinese spot lights fitted, they look pretty good.
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2020, 01:37:33 PM »
*Originally Posted by T800XC [+]
I have found some very good copies of the BMW fog lights for around £40 which are far better quality than most of the cheapos. For example, these (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/223541470700) produce an excellent beam pattern, are solidly built, properly waterproof and can even be dimmed with a simple controller. I have a design for my Tiger 1200 that, by monitoring the bike's CAN bus will run these at reduced brightness for DRL use but if/when the Triumph fog lights or main beam are activated will drive them at full brightness.

I have looked at these a few times but the only version I could previously find were £100.01 a pair.

Have you got them fitted to your bike?  Would you be able to share a photo of them?  I have (as I previously posted) ordered the cheap chinese ones but am happy to write that cost off in favour of decent lights.

TiA!
2016 Roadie called "Betty"

Online T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2020, 03:09:57 PM »
*Originally Posted by MrFinch [+]
I have looked at these a few times but the only version I could previously find were £100.01 a pair.

Have you got them fitted to your bike?  Would you be able to share a photo of them?  I have (as I previously posted) ordered the cheap chinese ones but am happy to write that cost off in favour of decent lights.

TiA!

I've not fitted them to my bike yet as they were being used to test the PWM dimming option. (I was looking at lean-triggered lights that got brighter as the bike turned).

As you'd expect from the lens arrangement, the main centre section of the beam they produce is wide and quite flat with some light above & below this, very similar to the LED fogs being fitted by Triumph.

The LED & driver occupies the sealed section at the front, with the cast alloy housing providing cooling and a bit of styling.

They're very robust and at around 400g each (excluding the mounting bracket) they're no lightweight.

Each fog light draws approx 1.5A from a 12V supply.

...happiness isn't happiness without a violin-playing goat...

Offline MrFinch

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: '66 800 XRX
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2020, 03:50:29 PM »
Great information, thanks.

Would love to see some photos if/when you get them fitted.  I was thinking I could hang them off the Heed bars.
2016 Roadie called "Betty"

Offline Dazcoates

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 xrt
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2020, 01:49:55 PM »
Got my new Leds yesterday to replace my now rusty ones
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B013LH07OW/ref=pe_3187911_185740111_TE_item
Got to say I'm impressed with the quality for the price , worked out well as I had a £20 Amazon gift voucher so they only cost me £7 .
Thanks for the recommendation.

Offline fac191

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Super Tenere ES
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2020, 04:17:23 PM »
I use these had them 2 years. One went less bright but didnt fail. Contacted them got a new replacement light for £25 delivered. Will take the other apart to see whats what but happy with the service. Very well made no clamps for the engine bars but no biggie.
https://www.bikevis.com/product/bikevis-cree-motorcycle-auxiliary-lights/

Offline fac191

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi

Offline Jamesl

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2020, 03:57:01 PM »

How did you mount it? I was looking at these a few weeks ago but couldn't see a good spot for it.

Offline fac191

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2020, 04:00:37 PM »
It fits under the headlight i just added some washers as spacers to the brackets it comes with you dont need anything else.

Offline Djairouks

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2020, 04:57:52 PM »
Back when I had my Africa twin, I bought a set on aliexpress with 6 Cree high power LEDs,
it was really powerfull, maybe even more than OEM of Triumph.

Offline Dazcoates

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 xrt
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2020, 06:58:13 PM »
Fitted my new lights the other day , gave them a good try on the way home at 3 AM this morning , proper impressed .

Recent Topics

winded-staunch