Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 900 Sound  (Read 880 times)

Offline Djairouks

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
Re: 900 Sound
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2020, 12:31:24 PM »
*Originally Posted by Q [+]
never realised how good that triple on the 800 sounds (I come from a long line of boxer motors with Akropovic slip-ons in E♭) until I hit a mountain pass while marshalling a cycle event earlier in the year and all the marshals on the side of the road commented on the sweet sound that triple makes when going hard out of the corners and then down again thru the gears :-)

Same for me, all my yamis through the years have had Termignoni, or Arrow exhausts and never sounded that aggressive up the revs, but I have to admit the triple near redline is getting very vibey, that's also I think part of it being impressive, it feels enraged unlike my Fazer 8 which feels like a big cat purring hard.

Same for me I might have thought twice about the 800, if they went with a 120% 900, or simple do a system like the great but simple Suzuki inertial VVT, to me the future is not always bigger, it's better engine tech.

Online Matchbox

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT Low
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2020, 04:07:29 PM »
Like SAC841, I have 900 GT and love it. Over 1000 miles, love the sound and the eagerness of the engine. Jury is out on vibes but a run up to Scotland soon will give a verdict.

Offline applecorp

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 800 XRT 2018
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2020, 06:22:17 PM »
I've never heard such a pleasing, grin inducing sound on acceleration as my Street Triple R and XRT. It just has that unique intoxicating RAARRP sound.

Recent Topics