Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Trip abroad  (Read 1604 times)

Offline Kerryman

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger xrx
Trip abroad
« on: June 05, 2020, 09:43:59 AM »
Was thinking that now that the virus is settling down a bit, might book a ferry later on in summer, anybody else thinking of doing the same.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Tiger Master
Re: Trip abroad
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2020, 10:00:17 AM »
Not until I can get travel insurance and that still seems up in the air at the moment.

Had several trips booked this year and not going to bother now until at least next spring.
Need Support ? Post issues in this section: Forum Help / Issues / Problems
Alternatively, pm me about private or commercial issues/questions.

Offline Djairouks

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2020, 10:23:56 AM »
Depending where you want to go it might still be complicated, my country (Switzerland) only reopens borders with France, Germany and
Austria on the 15th of June and honestly that's because many foreigners work in Switzerland, so more for the economy than because it
would be completely safe to travel.

I'm in an even weirder situation, as my company still refuses to reopen, after 12 weeks home seems we won't be working until beginning
and most countries have restrictions on restaurants and hotels, I'm not sure vacation are really viable until next year.

Online Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2020, 10:33:38 AM »
If the FCO lift the Exceptional Travel Advisory Notice that's currently in place, we'll be hitting the continent in Sept

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
....George Orwell

Check the Facts !!

Offline Djairouks

• Tiger Master
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2020, 10:41:44 AM »
Also don't know what equivalent you have in UK, but we have a service in Switzerland that gives guidelines for it's citizens, travelling in
other countries, sometimes saying you should not be travelling in such country and today, this thing stil advises us basically to stay here.

Offline Alberto_B

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: T800XRT '16
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2020, 11:16:14 AM »
*Originally Posted by Kerryman [+]
Was thinking that now that the virus is settling down a bit, might book a ferry later on in summer, anybody else thinking of doing the same.
Personally I think next year at the earliest for European travel. Anyway, Mrs B will expect a few days in Cornwall or similar first before any biking tour  :001:

Online KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2020, 11:16:35 AM »
Still the problem of isolation. Only country where we (in Ireland) can go without issue is UK - no self isolation required for travellers from Isle of Man, Channel Islands & Ireland, BUT coming back and it's 2 weeks isolation - and they are checking now.

Personally I'm sticking to doing the photo rally this year. For me and my plans that's 3,500 + KM for all 24 points.

http://www.irishphotorally.ie/map
Anglo-Chilean Irishman - Lost again

Offline Jose

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2020, 12:23:47 PM »
*Originally Posted by Kerryman [+]
Was thinking that now that the virus is settling down a bit, might book a ferry later on in summer
Where exactly were you thinking of going?

Online Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2020, 12:29:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by KildareMan [+]
Still the problem of isolation.

I suspect that'll be sorted by Sept, too much financial pressure not to
The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
....George Orwell

Check the Facts !!

Offline Djairouks

• Tiger Master
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2020, 01:10:57 PM »
*Originally Posted by Rtwo [+]
I suspect that'll be sorted by Sept, too much financial pressure not to

Sure financials are pushing for reopening, but at least the army in Switzerland is expecting a second wave in september,
don't ask me how or why, but if they are right any country might relapse and again until the spread is slowed, other
countries might be affected.

Not trying to be alarmist, but keep in mind that this virus ain't going to magically disappear, everyone should still be
prudent and maybe not travel to places they would not want to be stranded.

Better know this and be prepared, just in case.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch