Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Trip abroad  (Read 1524 times)

Offline Alberto_B

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: T800XRT '16
Re: Trip abroad
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2020, 03:22:58 PM »
*Originally Posted by crispey [+]
got a trip to Spain booked for mid sept using the ferry to santander, problem's going to be if Brittany ferries open the route up but its still not advised to travel I'll probably lose my fare as it will be me cancelling.
Take careful note of the T&Cs, and talk to them if that happens - without wishing to jinx you Brittany Ferries have always been pretty good about refunding in the past (pre-Covid days) if we've had to change plans.

Offline Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2020, 03:30:57 PM »
got a trip to Spain booked for mid sept using the ferry to santander, problem's going to be if Brittany ferries open the route up but its still not advised to travel I'll probably lose my fare as it will be me cancelling.

Brittany are being fair about it with cancellations etc. You won't be out of pocket.
We already have ours booked so just waiting to see.
If we can't go, we'll just transfer the crossing to next year
The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
....George Orwell

Check the Facts !!

Offline Jose

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2020, 03:39:16 PM »
I'm guessing you didn't buy a "flexi" ticket, in which case you only lose 25%.

Offline Djairouks

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2020, 03:59:31 PM »

Offline Jose

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2020, 04:11:21 PM »
*Originally Posted by Djairouks [+]
You have an uncanny ability to piss people off.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 04:13:45 PM by Jose »

Offline Djairouks

• Tiger Master
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2020, 04:17:11 PM »
*Originally Posted by Jose [+]
You have an uncanny ability to piss people off.

I'm just vouching for people to be informed and stay safe, these are WHO stats I don't understand why one would get mad at reality,
I do not control the virus.

Sorry if my dark humor ruffled you, I thought it's better to laugh at it than cry.

Anyway be safe I'm not here to pour oil on fire.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 04:21:42 PM by Djairouks »

Offline KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2020, 04:43:10 PM »
Also remember this thread was started by someone in a different jurisdiction to the UK. It's a mighty piss off factor when people assume Ireland is part of the UK - Don't even go there.
Anglo-Chilean Irishman - Lost again

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2020, 04:47:05 PM »
This numbers game is so flawed in reality. The MSM claimed that earlier this week the UK had more deaths (Wed?) in 1 day than all the other EU countries combined ... but fact checkers pointed out had our UK numbers been worked out using the Spainish system of reporting our 300+ would have only been 20. :182:

... and I'd be very interested to know the TRUE number of deaths in China, not the official propaganda number. :211:
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline Djairouks

• Tiger Master
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2020, 04:57:07 PM »
Was talking generaly because arguably most people here are Brits, I damn well know not to call Irish or Scotts English.

Again just be careful wherever you'd go, statistics are questionable sure, but I didn't make them and WHO is supposed to be factual, more than my butcher really.
If some don't want to believe them and get perspective they are free, just don't shoot the messenger.

China always will be in propaganda unfortunately, so might never know.

Offline Kerryman

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger xrx
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2020, 05:07:19 PM »
*Originally Posted by KildareMan [+]
Also remember this thread was started by someone in a different jurisdiction to the UK. It's a mighty piss off factor when people assume Ireland is part of the UK - Don't even go there.

Touchy subject alright 😂, at least now we can travel a bit further in our country now.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch