Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Trip abroad  (Read 1603 times)

Offline Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
Re: Trip abroad
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2020, 09:16:41 AM »
We should have been in Italy now, Hull/Zeebrugge on the 2nd for a 3 week tour. Just as well it was cancelled, forecast is rain for the next 8 days. P&O refunded back to our bank no problem.
Current bikes Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Online Tallpaul

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800XR
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2020, 10:36:53 AM »
We should be in Austria now. Again, weather not looking summery.

Good news though, Leo Varadkar is accelerating his programme of changes back to normality, with the last phase, opening bars that don't sell food, July 20th. Looks like I might get one holiday out of four booked this year!

Offline Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2020, 10:50:40 AM »
*Originally Posted by Tallpaul [+]
We should be in Austria now. Again, weather not looking summery.

Good news though, Leo Varadkar is accelerating his programme of changes back to normality, with the last phase, opening bars that don't sell food, July 20th. Looks like I might get one holiday out of four booked this year!

I have friends live in Austria, their Gov has handled this well, very low rates of both cases & deaths/M.

Good luck with your hols. We have a Spain trip end of Aug, not heard off Brittany ferries yet. Might go ahead, don't fancy spending my hols in a mask. Then come home to 14 days quarantine.  :003:

Offline Jose

• Tiger Member
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2020, 01:19:03 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paulhere [+]
We have a Spain trip end of Aug, not heard off Brittany ferries yet. Might go ahead
You won't hear from Brittany Ferries for quite some time yet. If they cancel your ferry, you'll receive an email 7/10 days before the departure date. This is what they've been doing so far anyway.

don't fancy spending my hols in a mask. Then come home to 14 days quarantine.  :003:
If its any consolation, you wont have to wear a face mask under the helmet in Spain. :001:

Offline Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2020, 02:30:32 PM »
*Originally Posted by Jose [+]
You won't hear from Brittany Ferries for quite some time yet. If they cancel your ferry, you'll receive an email 7/10 days before the departure date. This is what they've been doing so far anyway.
If its any consolation, you wont have to wear a face mask under the helmet in Spain. :001:

Thanks for that  :008: Is mask wearing mandatory there?  :107: Campsites, bars & caff's going to be open for us? Not really looking forward to this anymore.

Offline Jose

• Tiger Member
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2020, 06:06:47 PM »
Is mask wearing mandatory there?
Yes it is: public transport, shops and so on, closed spaces in general. On the street and in the countryside its not mandatory if you can keep the two metres distance.

Campsites, bars & caff's going to be open for us?
Its hard to tell, mate. If theres one thing I have learned in the last three months is that you cant make predictions about this COVID19 stuff. Things are changing all the time, arent they? All I can say is ask me again in August. Sorry.

Not really looking forward to this anymore.
Understandably
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 06:18:52 PM by Jose »

Offline Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2020, 06:53:50 PM »
*Originally Posted by Jose [+]
Yes it is: public transport, shops and so on, closed spaces in general. On the street and in the countryside its not mandatory if you can keep the two metres distance.
Its hard to tell, mate. If theres one thing I have learned in the last three months is that you cant make predictions about this COVID19 stuff. Things are changing all the time, arent they? All I can say is ask me again in August. Sorry.
Understandably

Thanks for your help, I'll check back nearer the time.  :031:

Recent Topics

winded-staunch