Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Starting problem  (Read 351 times)

Offline Jonkel21

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800xca
Starting problem
« on: June 09, 2020, 09:33:12 PM »
Hello guys. I bought a triumph tiger 800XCA at auctions. It was stollen and recovered. I bought a lock set from ebay:ecu,immobilaser,ignition switch etc. Installed evrything properly but the bike wont start. Immobilaser light flashing when ignition is off. When on the light come out. When i press the starter button i does nothing. And i cant hear any fuel pump sound. Maybe someone knows whats the problem? 30A fuse checked.

Offline chuckxc

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike: 12XC, 18XCX
Re: Starting problem
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2020, 10:14:27 PM »
Could be a whole bunch of reasons.
But anyway, start simple by checking that the alarm connector under the seat has the correct bypass jumper wires in it.

Laterally unstable unless moving.

My third Triple - 1976 Laverda 3CL Jota
My 4cyl grunt - 2005 Honda CB1300F

Offline TigerBC

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2018 800 XCA
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 04:37:15 AM »
It's probably also worth mentioning that the clutch needs to be engaged and if it's not in neutral the side stand needs to be up.  If the clutch lever is out or it's in gear and the side stand is down, the bike won't start.  That's obvious to anyone who's been riding a Tiger for a while, but might not be to someone new to Triumph.

Offline Jonkel21

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2020, 09:53:14 AM »
I cant see none of alarm connector under the seat... :110:
Yes with the neutral. With the old ecu the neutral light is on. But with the new ecu the neutral light is off. How do i check if the clutch switch is working? And the side stand switch is always in out position. 

Offline chuckxc

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike: 12XC, 18XCX
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2020, 10:24:33 AM »
 Suggest you find someone nearby who understands motorcycles to help you. Your question are too general and there are too many unknown factors to be able to help you on a forum.
Laterally unstable unless moving.

My third Triple - 1976 Laverda 3CL Jota
My 4cyl grunt - 2005 Honda CB1300F

Offline Jonkel21

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2020, 10:36:27 AM »
Guys im not new at motorcycles but the Tiger is all about electricity... and im not good at it  :138: :031: but can the Tiger wont start because the fuel light is on and showing no fuel on speedo. In fuel tank there should be atleast 7-8l. Other bikes just trying to crank even without a fuel. So im confused about the tiger... :431:

Offline Jonkel21

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2020, 10:40:24 AM »
Ecu,immobiliser and ignition switch is from xrt same year. But the code on immobiliser is matching. And the immobiliser light is not showing when ignition is on.So i think its not starting because of that? I will try to contact triumph dealer. But im afraid that they will say to change ecu immobiliser and key again. For ~800

Recent Topics

winded-staunch