Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Carol Nash outrageous admin Fees  (Read 1829 times)

Offline Bikertone7

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Road
Carol Nash outrageous admin Fees
« on: June 10, 2020, 11:37:12 AM »
Really pi**ed off with Carol Nash charges - just tried to add a 40 year old little Kawasaki green laner to my policy which is due for renewal in 8 weeks time. They came back with a quote of 39.89 of which 37.00 was their admin charge!! 2.89 for the insurance!! The call handler referred the charge to his team leader when I complained who said sorry they can't alter the fee! They really don't make it easy to do business with them. I know I'm going to have the same old battle at renewal. Probably end up walking away this time. Grrrrrr!!
Other Bikes: 1968 Triumph TR6 650cc (american export model), 1991 Transalp XL600V (everyday runabout), 1979 Kawasaki KL250 Trail Bike project.

Offline Grumps

• Tiger Jedi
Re: Carol Nash outrageous admin Fees
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2020, 11:41:00 AM »
I have yet to deal with a really sensible insurance company.
R1250RT.  Suzuki GT380. Yamaha Xmax

If money can't buy happiness - explain motorbikes and beer

Offline KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 01:07:39 PM »
I'd wait the 8 weeks then add the new bike or go elsewhere.
Anglo-Chilean Irishman - Lost again

Offline Bikertone7

• Tiger Master
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2020, 01:14:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by KildareMan [+]
I'd wait the 8 weeks then add the new bike or go elsewhere.

Thats my plan but would have liked to ride it while the weathers decent  :023:
Other Bikes: 1968 Triumph TR6 650cc (american export model), 1991 Transalp XL600V (everyday runabout), 1979 Kawasaki KL250 Trail Bike project.

Offline casclay54

• Tiger Member
  • The Fast Show (life before P C went mad)
  • Bike: 17 tiger800 xrx
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2020, 01:36:21 PM »
Maybe take out insurance from now with another insurer and just forget about (and stay quiet about) the remaining 8 weeks, try Devitt, they do a multi-bike policy, I have always found them really good, you have 39.89 towards your new policy and can enjoy your Kawasaki :028:
You ain't seen me, right.

Offline Grumps

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2020, 01:41:06 PM »
*Originally Posted by casclay54 [+]
Maybe take out insurance from now with another insurer and just forget about (and stay quiet about) the remaining 8 weeks, try Devitt, they do a multi-bike policy, I have always found them really good, you have 39.89 towards your new policy and can enjoy your Kawasaki :028:

Not good to have two policies running at the same time.
R1250RT.  Suzuki GT380. Yamaha Xmax

If money can't buy happiness - explain motorbikes and beer

Offline Bikertone7

• Tiger Master
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2020, 02:39:56 PM »
*Originally Posted by Grumps [+]
Not good to have two policies running at the same time.
Correct I worked in Insurance for 30 years dual insurance gives them an excuse to deny being the one to pay out.

Offline Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2020, 02:50:57 PM »
What's the cost difference if you cancel and then take a new policy (not with CN)?

I've found BeMoto to be helpful when actually talking to them
The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
....George Orwell

Check the Facts !!

Offline GeoffS

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike: XC - Green/Black
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2020, 03:12:32 PM »
The whole system is a monumental joke; theres got to be an opening for a TV show....., The Insurance Game...., come on down...., spot the Premium!
There may well have been an acceptable excuse for an admin charge back in the pencil, paper and abacus days, but 37.00 for someone in a call centre to press the Enter button on their keyboard is a bit much.
Anyway, if it was easy, thered be nothing to look forward to every year when Renewal Time came around, and we all got to play..., The Insurance Game.
Deal or No Deal
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Some poems rhyme,
But this one doesnt.

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte' ......... By Skill and by Fighting
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2020, 04:19:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by Bikertone7 [+]
Really pi**ed off with Carol Nash charges ....  37.00 was their admin charge!!

37 .... bargain, CN must have lowered their prices over the last 6 years.

CN was also my first and last time of trying to do a simple amendment. With my shiny new September 2013 Street Triple going to be only 2 weeks old when I was due off for 3 weeks hols in the USA and being (like my Tiger) parked outside I had a good family friend offer to put the bike in their integral garage. CN informed me it would cost 40 as an amendment fee to change the address and on return another 40 amendment fee to change the address back. Needless to say I told them to forget it and that I'd rather let it be stolen and let them pay out.

I appreciate that nearly all firms now use this 'administration fee' scam for a 1min computer task while happily spending/wasting 15 mins trying to sell you products you don't want. :172:
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Recent Topics