Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Carol Nash outrageous admin Fees  (Read 1982 times)

Offline Georgeinabz

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800xr
Re: Carol Nash outrageous admin Fees
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2020, 08:56:23 PM »
Unfortunately we all want things cheaper , Insurance as with other services is a cut throat business , I usually rotate between Carol Nash ,Bennetts & Hastings , there is no bonus for customer loyalty nowadays,I wait to the renewal comes in , usually at 20-30 over the last year (my premium is 100 fully comp) and bounce the price around with others until someone gives , changed my bike 3 times mid policy in the last 10yrs and yes as youve said been hit with admin costs , the 3 above mentioned have charged about the same ,but theyve got to make some money somehow.

Offline Georgeinabz

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800xr
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2020, 03:47:27 PM »
Just checked back I was 80 last
August when I swapped over the GS to the Tiger , this included one months insurance on the GS until I sold it , bearing in mind my total yearly insurance is 100 with Bennetts.

Offline steve@lincs

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800XC
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2020, 10:28:39 AM »
I've recently insured my Enfield with Swintons. All quotes were about the same, around 60+ , but cancelling the policy with them was 25 and a pro data rebate.  Bike sure wanted 60 to cancel!

Offline fac191

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Super Tenere ES
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2020, 11:54:25 AM »
To be honest the amount most people are paying who dont live in London is laughable. Your not being ripped off at all. Take my bike i have 10yrs of no claims im 58 and my last renewal was 550 ish. I doubt even 1 Tenere has been stolen in London. I know its a bit of a mecca for bike theft but not my bike. I am paying to insure other people's exotic sports bikes etc not my bike. And here is where it really gets stupid. The extra for commuting is about 30. Which is the use most likely for me to be involved in a RTC. As for the 1 click of the button scenario i don't think thats fair at all. People have to read through stuff quatify it check it and reply. That's not one click of a button. I don't mind paying for admin what i dont like is paying for the risk of someone elses bike being stolen. I will give you an example of the pub game. Say a pint costs 4.00 the profit is around 20p. Yet all the customers think your making loads of money as it only costs around 1.00 to buy. They just dont see the hidden costs. Anyway im not attacking anyone but you do have to be resonable.

Recent Topics