Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Sticking joystick  (Read 753 times)

Offline Phurtim

• Tiger Member
Re: Sticking joystick
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2020, 08:25:03 AM »
Joystick now works well. I started with a spray of electrical contact cleaner as suggested by Kiwi and left it for a couple hours to dry. That made an improvement but it still stuck occasionally in the down position if I pushed it there repeatedly and very gently released it to test the "stickiness". So I followed up with a very sparing shot of GT85, worked the stick up/down and left/right several times and left it overnight. This morning it works fine and I can't get it to stick at all.

Thanks everyone for the help. I suspected GT85 would do the trick but was initially a little concerned that it might be harmful in some way to the contacts inside the joystick, not helping or maybe even worsening the situation. So far so good, but time will tell.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 08:29:50 AM by Phurtim »

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2020, 11:04:46 AM »
Glad it worked out easily. I have never heard of GT85 before but Dr Google tells me it is just a variant of the WD40 / CRC type line of products.
Personally I am a bastard as far as this sort of thing is concerned. I paid a Triumph a stupid sum of money for a budget built bike and I would have made them sort it out under warranty even though I am perfectly capable of done it myself.

Online KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2020, 11:40:36 AM »
*Originally Posted by K1W1 [+]
Glad it worked out easily. I have never heard of GT85 before but Dr Google tells me it is just a variant of the WD40 / CRC type line of products.

Smells nicer than WD40 and has ptfe for non stick use.
Anglo-Chilean Irishman - Lost again

Offline Colinhitch

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 900 Rally Pro
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2020, 06:23:51 PM »
GT 85 is the civilian name for a product designed for MOD use, specifically for use on nuclear subs, anti corrosion etc.  Highly recommended for bike use.

Offline Snownorge

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 xrx
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2020, 06:41:34 PM »
Are you sure it's not ACF 50 ? That's what it says on tin.

Online KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2020, 08:27:09 PM »
*Originally Posted by Colinhitch [+]
GT 85 is the civilian name for a product designed for MOD use, specifically for use on nuclear subs, anti corrosion etc.  Highly recommended for bike use.

No it's not.  ACF 50 is/was.  Used to use it when in RAF
Anglo-Chilean Irishman - Lost again

Recent Topics