Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Germany and Austria trying to impose limitations on motorcycle usage  (Read 4612 times)

Offline kokkios

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2016 Tiger800XRT
What is happening there? Very worrying news coming from these two countries. Imposing restrictions on motorcycle usage on weekends in Germany and Austria hunting down people and confiscating bikes producing engine noise over 95dB. Can someone with more information enlighten us? Will this be a nationwide strategy? What areas will be affected?

https://www.infranken.de/lk/kulmbach/sonntags-fahrverbot-motorraeder-streit-um-gesetzesentwurf-art-5006206

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Tiger Jedi
Re: Germany and Austria trying to impose limitations on motorcycle usage
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2020, 09:37:40 AM »
Looks like only a proposal at the moment. Doubt it would pass further.
Need Support ? Post issues in this section: Forum Help / Issues / Problems
Alternatively, pm me about private or commercial issues/questions.

Offline Bikertone7

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Road
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2020, 09:53:35 AM »
Good luck with that proposal they'll be rioting on the streets!!
Other Bikes: 1968 Triumph TR6 650cc (american export model), 1991 Transalp XL600V (everyday runabout), 1979 Kawasaki KL250 Trail Bike project.

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2020, 10:47:39 AM »
I'm sure that once Derchef1962 reads this he will keep his finger on the pulse and update us (if he isn't on it already).  :211:
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
....George Orwell

Check the Facts !!

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2020, 01:30:19 PM »
 I would be all in favour of a blanket 95db noise limit on all motorcycles but it would have to be enforced on all motorcycles with HD riders no longer being exempt from noise regulations as they appear to be universally at the moment.
The loud pipes save lives argument is b/s and frankly, stupid if that is the best reason people can come up with for excessive noise.

Online Q

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800 XCA
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2020, 02:02:52 PM »
*Originally Posted by K1W1 [+]
The loud pipes save lives argument is b/s and frankly, stupid if that is the best reason people can come up with for excessive noise.

agree - besides, the constant drone of a loud pipe is effing awful on a day-long trip
When you talk, you only repeat what you already know - when you listen, you learn something new

Online 1284rider

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: T800XRT
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2020, 02:03:27 PM »
That gets my vote!  There is absolutely no need for some motorcycles to be so loud.  It is completely selfish and anti-social to remove baffles or fit deliberately loud aftermarket exhausts and it is about time the existing laws were enforced.

I do take the point though that there are a handful of bikes (listed in the Visordown article) that are compliant with EU Construction & Use law from new but which just exceed this 95dB limit - how can that be right?

Offline pme

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: xrx lrh 2018
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2020, 02:27:01 PM »
Being fortunate to live is a very rural location the quieter the better, but should be applied across the board including groups of ramblers with their walkie talkies.

I was a trail rider for years and it was always an issue with the dinky winky brigade who would want to ride with us, revving rodneys as well. Eventually packed in group riding as so many dickheads with loud pipes creating yet more alianation with a predominantly non biking poulation.
Also DRZ400sm for forest tracks, previous bikes:- Honda SS50, BSA 250SS80, Yamaha RD125, Yamaha TY250, Honda CBR600, Honda Africa Twin XRV750, Kawasaki KMX200, Kawasaki KDX200, Kawasaki KLX250

Offline Grumps

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2018 800 Xca
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2020, 02:35:12 PM »
Bring it on. No need for excessive noise. It should apply to all vehicles though.
2018 Xca.  Suzuki GT380. Yamaha Xmax

If money can't buy happiness - explain motorbikes and beer

Recent Topics