Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: My TIGER 900 rally pro review/demo  (Read 1529 times)

Offline suffolktiger

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 18 Tiger XCA
Re: My TIGER 900 rally pro review/demo
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2020, 08:38:09 PM »
*Originally Posted by fac191 [+]
I think its a Crossplane hence engine is CP2

Yep, its 270 like a lot of twins are.

Offline Djairouks

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2020, 09:05:24 PM »
I am a long time Yamaha rider and fan, however the issue of the T7, is the ridiculous range because of the small tank, it's not good in my opinion for traveling, if they did like Honda with the ATs, a bigger longer range one, I'd buy one, but they won't !

Offline fac191

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Super Tenere ES
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2020, 09:49:43 PM »
I agree with you on the tank although someone will make a bigger aftermarket one im sure.

Offline Djairouks

• Tiger Master
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2020, 09:56:43 PM »
I agree with you on the tank although someone will make a bigger aftermarket one im sure.

Yes Safari tank apparently, but the hassle and risks are still pretty annoying, it's a real shame !

Offline fac191

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2020, 11:26:31 PM »
I suppose you could use a Rotapack aswell. I wonder how many miles it would actually do in off road type riding in the lower gears all the time. Thing is they made it so tall maybe they just had to save weight up top. I wonder how it will get on being wheelied alot aswell. Have seen a few reports of trashed MT07 engine's because of oil starvation.

Offline Djairouks

• Tiger Master
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2020, 11:35:08 PM »
I suppose you could use a Rotapack aswell. I wonder how many miles it would actually do in off road type riding in the lower gears all the time. Thing is they made it so tall maybe they just had to save weight up top. I wonder how it will get on being wheelied alot aswell. Have seen a few reports of trashed MT07 engine's because of oil starvation.

Very weird, there is no reason it would be worse at wheeling, it's an in line twin, not a l twin like the SV which can sieze the bottom cylinder, I would suspect another problem or simply lack of oil.

I just followed two french traversing Africa with these and they were very durable, but off-road it seemed they barely did 200km with a tank, they needed a lot of extra containers. 20 something thousand km and nothing failed, clutches were still stock, they put 530 chains, changed air filters and put the sock filters in the tank. Bikes still run fine, that's my experience in 10 years of yamahas, they are so reliable.

Offline fac191

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2020, 12:14:43 AM »
I have had a XT600 XT660 and am now on a 2015 Super Tenere. Am sure reliability will be good. Hope there are no oil issues. I do really like this bike but not for my type of riding. Only other bike i would be interested in is the newer Tiger 1200. That's a nice bike.

Offline penry

• Tiger Pro
  • No solution is insurmountable...
  • Bike: Tiger 800XCA '19
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2020, 05:58:48 AM »
Thanks for that review - not that I am interested in changing my 800XCA for anything else out there and definitely not to the 900.

The 800 rides perfectly for me I really can't think of anything that niggles. It is also a really handsome motorcycle. Subjective but there you go. For me the 900 ( I had a good look around a couple outside Triumph Shipley ) is a backward step in that department. If it was a dream to ride and exuded quality I still wouldn't be interested.

Could I grow to love it if it was ? Possibly, but I sure wouldn't pay 13k to find out.
Campsite Clouseau.

Offline Dandy

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: XCX 2019
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2020, 06:15:23 PM »
Could not have put it better myself Penry,

Thanks for taken the time to write your very in depth review suffork tiger.

Offline fac191

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2020, 06:23:55 PM »
My 2012 800 came up really well when i cleaned it. Mind you i had it done straight away by All Year Biker which is well worth doing.

Recent Topics