Tiger 800 / 900 - Main Discussion Section > Insurance

Insurance , is it all just a big CON?

(1/3) > >>

Dazcoates:
Had my renewal through from Triumph , well actually it turns out to Adrian Flux, who are Also Bikesure.
Anyway the renewal was for 329. Apparently according to their renewal notice this was a reduction  from last year where I played 441( crap coz I have a bank statement showing 241).
I had quotes from Devit @279 bikesure( adrian flux)@273 and Hastings @243.
Rang Triumph ( adrian flux,  Bikesure ) and managed to get it for 244.
So that's a saving of 85 for a 5 minute telephone call.
So is it all just a big game ?
Proper pissed off with insurance companies taking the piss.
Think of a number , double it, divide it by 3 , half it and add 34.65.Ahhhh thsts your technologicaly calculated renewal premium.

mcinlb:
Insurance renewal is an annual joke, from phoning them up to "discuss" the increase and "oh, wait a minute, I'll see what we can do "  to cancelling and renewing with the same company at a vastly reduced premium.
It's a little game we all "enjoy"  :001: :001: :001:

T800XC:
I got my renewal through yesterday from the same people with a 20% reduction on last year's policy. Everything was fine apart from the compulsory excess that had gone up to 550 and the new underwriter had one of the worse review scores I've ever seen.

Got some other quotes but nothing special so called Triumph Insurance (Adrian Flux etc). Explained the concerns a got a new quote at a similar price but this time the excess was 350 but more importantly the underwriter has one of the best review scores I've seen!

Sorted.

Stevie.P:
Originally Posted by mcinlb Insurance renewal is an annual joke, from phoning them up to "discuss" the increase and "oh, wait a minute, I'll see what we can do "  to cancelling and renewing with the same company at a vastly reduced premium.
It's a little game we all "enjoy"  :001: :001: :001:
Yes, the annual circus routine which will be due again in a couple of months.
I was clearly told on the phone by the insurance customer service rep that the ridiculous renewal quotes are computer generated and that it always pays to phone up and go through your details again for a (better) re-quote. :211: :232:

Last year the renewal went up from 285 to 390 and a phone call direct to insurer by-passing the broker resulted in 184 premium for a few acceptable changes (and un-garaged bike). :028:

https://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php/topic,26685.0.html

Dazcoates:
Originally Posted by Stevie.P Yes, the annual circus routine which will be due again in a couple of months.
I was clearly told on the phone by the insurance customer service rep that the ridiculous renewal quotes are computer generated and that it always pays to phone up and go through your details again for a (better) re-quote. :211: :232:

Last year the renewal went up from 285 to 390 and a phone call direct to insurer by-passing the broker resulted in 184 premium for a few acceptable changes (and un-garaged bike). :028:

https://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php/topic,26685.0.html

I personally think its just a case of greed and bike tax. Bikes are imo seen as aditional transport and as such a luxury that can be afforded,  therefore,  " let's fleece the biker"
Insurers = TWATS .
 :152:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version