Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Insurance , is it all just a big CON?  (Read 671 times)

Offline Jack Daniels

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800
Re: Insurance , is it all just a big CON?
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2020, 12:20:21 PM »
Simple answer to the original question - yes.

Not just motorcycle insurance e.g. my old mother being a trusting/nave person let her home insurance auto-renew for years thinking that good old-fashioned loyalty would be rewarded. She asked me to check one year and she was paying around 700 a year for insurance with pointless additions on a tiny terraced house. I ran it through a couple of go-compare-the-confused-meerkat sites and got better insurance for 85!  :211:

The original purposes of insurance was sound - everyone in a group pays a small amount in to cover the risk of a large outlay but as ever greed wins over fair play. Insurers charge as much as they can rather than the cost of the risk and a minority of the insured make false claims (rant over  :002:)
For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons. (Douglas Adams)

Recent Topics

winded-staunch