Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Manual idle speed adjuster cable  (Read 499 times)

Offline Seanocaoimh

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800
Manual idle speed adjuster cable
« on: June 27, 2020, 11:05:55 AM »
Hi all,
         I read on the forum that  a cbr600 idle speed adjuster cable will screw straight in/on to the throttle roller.
Could anyone give more specific details as to the initial set up and attachment for the cable. (Should I raise the the idle speed /throttle roller with the cable , start up the bike and then reduce the idle to the spec.)

Online KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
Re: Manual idle speed adjuster cable
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 11:18:56 AM »
I fired mine, admittedly the triumph version in place of the set screw underneath and removed the stepper (leave electrically connected). I looked at the length of the set screw once removed compared to what I could see of it when installed, allowed for the thickness of the bracket and guessed how much to screw in the manual adjuster and a bit more. Engine started fast so adjusted down.
Anglo-Chilean Irishman - Lost again

Offline Seanocaoimh

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2020, 02:11:09 PM »
Sorry now KD,
 I dont understand the start of your reply and also the set screw ?

Online KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2020, 03:03:57 PM »
Fitted, not fired - (phone spell checker/user check failure)

See photo. My awl is pointing to the set screw and locknut - 2 or 2.5mm Hex head from memory. Screws into throttle body linkage about 1/2 way along. Best accessed from the right hand side. Smaller hands are best.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipOcQQRCTkMKMmN6ykOPVu7gg5w5_ZjsNwjhASIJmeRo2yqbrokLl65t_ix3O5FVyQ/photo/AF1QipNl79pQHZ48e7izHvJheRFhgSA2Z4SVfrGgd2M0?key=Tlk1WXd3M3JPZll6SC03UFlIeUNZaS1uSmgxbFpR

Offline Seanocaoimh

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2020, 09:35:28 PM »
Great stuff.
 The manual says do not remove the stepper motor from  its housing ? . You removed it but left it connected , to make room to fit the cable,no problem? Also if I can continue to pick your brain,,, I downloaded android tune ecu but I'm a bit nervous about its use. Can I just go to the test/adjustments page and change the idle speed from ther , or do I need to change the existing map , which is 20768 I'm not very IT savvy,so any basic instructions would be very welcome 
                                                    Thanks

Online KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2020, 10:39:52 PM »
Never changed the idle in tuneecu. The manual adjuster does that.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch