Poll

Will you buy / upgrade to the 900, or not?

Already have / deposit paid / near future purchase
18 (17.5%)
Possibly, but unsure at the moment
19 (18.4%)
No: I donít like the styling / paint jobs
7 (6.8%)
No: I donít like the new engine configuration
6 (5.8%)
No: Too expensive
8 (7.8%)
No: Something else
6 (5.8%)
No problem with the 900, but Iím happy with my current bike thank you 😊
39 (37.9%)

Total Members Voted: 103

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tiger 900 poll  (Read 2187 times)

Pilgrim and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online fac191

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Super Tenere ES
Re: Tiger 900 poll
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2020, 11:25:32 AM »
I read the MCN test aswell. LOL the mpg figures. I think the worst bit was them complaining about the vibes at any speed as i think that has ruined what should have been a fantastic bike. There is no way that engine should have vibes that are intrusive like that. My 2012 Roadie did have some vibes which went away with Rox anti vibe risers but i have a dodgy hand which picks them up. Just for the record my 2015 Super Tenere which had 3,300 mls on it when i got it had no vibes and that engine is not considered run in till 5 to 6 thou. And its a 1200 twin with the same type of set up as the 900. Its a real shame as potentially its a great piece of kit but i think alot of people will be put of by the vibes. I think triumph have lost their way somewhat with this bike and what made the original such a hit with owners. All the original bike needed was some more power, modern brakes and an overdive 6th gear for relaxed cruising most of which it didnt get. However it makes the 2nd gen model a really great used buy with so many around. I hope they get it sorted out as i really like the bike and would have considered one if and when i need to drop down to something lighter.

Offline Newhorizons

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 2015XC
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2020, 11:59:50 AM »
Had a look at one in the dealers at the weekend... pro rally or something like that

Has a few neat bits like the front brakes (4 pot Brembo), folding gear and brake, showa suspension (if that makes a difference??) but walked away thinking like $24/25000 Aus is really really expensive.

And the engine crash plate is CRAP.

But just cant get over the width of the radiator and tank/fairings.... its HUGE

I have stripped my plastic covers, moved indicators and fitted a radiator protector and side panels to reduce the bulk narrow the bike and minimise lay down damage ... so with the crash bars and the bark busters I can drop it  (accidentally of course) but know that its not going to be significant damage or costly.

The 900 ooozes 'precious', and don't ride me off road.

Wouldn't walk past my 2015, then spend a few grand cleaning it up to find out I have less power, worse fuel consumption , need to be really careful filtering or scared to take it off road.

At the least they could have redesigned the tank in plastic, come down the sides to reduce weight, incorporated some radiator protection, provided a really good engine/sump  protection system, changed the angle of the rear muffler to allow for throw over bags ... so many little things that 'we' have to fix as part of the investment.

:087:

Online Tallpaul

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800XR
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2020, 12:31:53 PM »
I sat on one at the factory in March and it certainly felt lighter whilst stationary, comfortable too. Almost regretted buying a used 18 plate 800XR in January, but the more I ride it, the more I like it.  It's a lot of money to swap to the 900 and I will be waiting at least until next year before I make any change. I will keep watching the ride reports and will be interested to see how early buyers get on with the new 900 regards fuel economy and reliability.

Offline ChrisD

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Road
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2020, 03:06:13 PM »
Theres a good test and follow up of the GT Pro by the Missenden Flyer on You Tube. He loves it.

I like the look and will reserve judgment until i have ridden it.
Current bikes: Tiger 1050 Sport. Also Ducati 900 Monster and Guzzi Breva 750.

Online Kennydies

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tracer 900 GT
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2020, 10:20:48 AM »
Hi,
I have just joined the forum to understand the feedback on the new 900.  I am on the tracer GT at the moment and am looking at something different.
The only problem I have is that our local dealership just went bust and the the nearest one is 45 mins away which is a pain.

Has anyone got any deals on the 900 at all or is it too new?

Offline ChrisD

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Road
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2020, 10:38:01 AM »
45 minutes that's Luxury!! My nearest is over an hour away.

I doubt that there will be deals at the moment. I have noticed that Triumph usually have deals in the Autumn. But Free accessories, low finance etc. I doubt there will be a reduction in list price, given that the 900 is new out and that a lot of people buy on PCP
Current bikes: Tiger 1050 Sport. Also Ducati 900 Monster and Guzzi Breva 750.

Online Kennydies

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2020, 11:41:44 AM »
It is a rough decision.  The Tiger explorer is coming fully loaded as an offer at the moment which puts it in the same price bracket at the tiger.

I was just wandering is anyone managed to get anything off the list price. 

Offline boldie

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2020 Plate XRt
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2020, 11:55:32 AM »
I was offered £300 of off the Rally pro. They donít have an issue selling them so thatís about the best I could get.

Online Kennydies

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2020, 11:59:22 AM »
£300 is still something.  That would pay for accessories.
I am also waiting for GIVI to release the kit for the 900.
I would prefer not to have proprietary luggage so it can be moved the the next bike and GIVI is a lot cheaper

Offline boldie

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2020 Plate XRt
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2020, 12:05:41 PM »
Triumph dealer told me the expedition pack is made my Givi but just called the outback range? I took his word for it but havenít investigated myself.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch