Poll

Will you buy / upgrade to the 900, or not?

Already have / deposit paid / near future purchase
33 (22.6%)
Possibly, but unsure at the moment
27 (18.5%)
No: I donít like the styling / paint jobs
7 (4.8%)
No: I donít like the new engine configuration
8 (5.5%)
No: Too expensive
11 (7.5%)
No: Something else
7 (4.8%)
No problem with the 900, but Iím happy with my current bike thank you 😊
53 (36.3%)

Total Members Voted: 146

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tiger 900 poll  (Read 7707 times)

Offline snowblue

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: xrt
Re: Tiger 900 poll
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2020, 04:35:09 PM »
I agree.We can talk about how vibes mean more to some riders than others all day long. There's no magic machine,they ALL vibrate (except perhaps an electric bike), so IMO if you're after a new ride,including the 900, then go a book a demo ride.  Some dealers will agree to a 2 hour demo. Once again, my choice would be,if at all possible, to demo the 'short list' bikes  back to back. All bikes are expensive, so choose wisely,and try not to get bogged down with, 'analysis paralysis '....life's too short.

Offline Colinhitch

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 900 Rally Pro
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2020, 08:47:43 PM »
Just back from Scotland, 5 day trip on my Rally Pro. 1574 miles no vibes for me, 900 miles till 6k service, Lake District and Wales next!

Offline ChrisD

• Tiger Member
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2020, 10:13:02 AM »
Well I was hoping to return to the tiger fold with the advent of the 900. However after a test ride I was gutted. I have read the reports, watched Tube reviews and configured a bike on line. I was ready to buy. I went for a test ride and was very disappointed.
the engine felt like the main bearings had gone and the vibes were awful. (and I ride a Ducati!!) Also I found the seat very hard and felt that the bars were too close.
On the upside it looks great and the TFT display is lovely and I think it is priced competitively. Unfortunately its not for me  :003:
Current bikes: 93 Ducati 900 Monster and  deciding what add to the stable next

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Tiger Jedi
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2020, 10:15:36 AM »
..the engine felt like the main bearings had gone and the vibes were awful.

Did you report this back to the dealer ?
Need Support ? Post issues in this section: Forum Help / Issues / Problems
Alternatively, pm me about private or commercial issues/questions.

Offline ChrisD

• Tiger Member
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2020, 10:17:47 AM »
Yes I did. He said I was the first person to test ride and not buy one. It must be me  :006:
Current bikes: 93 Ducati 900 Monster and  deciding what add to the stable next

Offline Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2020, 12:29:16 PM »
*Originally Posted by ChrisD [+]
Yes I did. He said I was the first person to test ride and not buy one. It must be me  :006:

Like taking a bad pint back to bar eh, nobody else has complained............. No, they just walk out & go elsewhere. We need more complainers in this country.
Current bikes Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Offline tauzero

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2020, 12:00:14 PM »
I didn't think that the vibes felt that drastic, but they were noticeable, and if we ever have daily commuting again, I want a vibration-free bike. I did say that to the salespeople when I got back from the ride. I do wonder whether any of this gets passed back to Triumph, or whether they monitor any of the Triumph forums.
Tiger 800 XRx, Bonneville T120 Black, SpeedTona, Speed Dent
Gone but not forgotten: Scrambler 900, Tiger 1050, Bonneville SE, Sprint ST 955i, Trophy 4, Sprint 900, Daytona 900, Tiger 900, Trident 900

Online Djairouks

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2020, 12:26:52 PM »
*Originally Posted by ChrisD [+]

You know what's funny is my dealership have now a bit of a connundrum, they sell both Triumph
and Ducati, so basically the Tiger 900 GT is direct competition to the Multistrada 950 now  :008:

Thanks for the laugh with bearing comment hehe !

Offline Jarse

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Rally Pro
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2020, 12:13:37 PM »
Afternoon all,

After test riding the Rally Pro and GT Pro Iíve taken a punt on the Rally Pro in green. Itís due late September. Had an Explorer for the last 7 years and clocked 31,000 miles all around Europe two up with luggage which have been a blast.

Looking forward to the weight differential and manageability of the 900 but also dropping a good chunk of power. The 900 does spin up nice and quick though.

Offline mcinlb

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2020 Tiger 900GT
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2020, 08:53:33 AM »
My Tiger 800 was in for it's 12K service, and took the chance to test the Pro 900..
Overall a great bike, obvious next generation Tiger, but although I loved the increase in performance from the engine and the nibble feel of the bike I did not think the vibs would be so intrusive, especially at m'way speed.
Now I've had a few vibby bikes, I also run a Multistrada 950 but the frequency of the vibs at speed would very quickly get annoying.
Also the seat, initially comfortable was soft and again, after a while would be causing grief I think.
The suspension was fine and any slight harshness on the front could, I think, be dialed out with adjustment.
I'm not sure about the 7" dash, the 5" TFT on my Tiger is easy to read and presents all the info I need at a glance, I'm not into all the gimmickry included in the new one..
Would I buy one????   Not yet, still happy with the 800 XRX and got it set up just right for my needs..

Recent Topics

winded-staunch