Poll

Will you buy / upgrade to the 900, or not?

Already have / deposit paid / near future purchase
33 (22.6%)
Possibly, but unsure at the moment
27 (18.5%)
No: I donít like the styling / paint jobs
7 (4.8%)
No: I donít like the new engine configuration
8 (5.5%)
No: Too expensive
11 (7.5%)
No: Something else
7 (4.8%)
No problem with the 900, but Iím happy with my current bike thank you 😊
53 (36.3%)

Total Members Voted: 146

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tiger 900 poll  (Read 7638 times)

Offline fac191

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Super Tenere ES
Re: Tiger 900 poll
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2020, 04:14:00 PM »
*Originally Posted by Jarse [+]
Afternoon all,

After test riding the Rally Pro and GT Pro Iíve taken a punt on the Rally Pro in green. Itís due late September. Had an Explorer for the last 7 years and clocked 31,000 miles all around Europe two up with luggage which have been a blast.

Looking forward to the weight differential and manageability of the 900 but also dropping a good chunk of power. The 900 does spin up nice and quick though.
Have you ridden the latest 1200 Tiger ?

Offline Jarse

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Rally Pro
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2020, 04:22:54 PM »
*Originally Posted by fac191 [+]
Have you ridden the latest 1200 Tiger ?

No, I didnít want to be tempted by a new 1200 while I had the Gen1 and then just fancied the new 900. Iím not a fan of keyless either.

Offline prenticemarie

• Tiger Master
  • Moto2 GP - Hinckley Triples Rule !
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Road
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2020, 04:54:13 PM »
Looks like the 900 GT Pro is getting a reputation for being vibey ?
Latest road test in MCN complains of unwelcome buzz through the bars and blurred mirrors at speeds above 70mph. Very intrusive they say and inexcusable .... Surely there were other ways to give the existing triple firing order more low down grunt  :187: ... 800 rules OK for me then !!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 05:24:06 PM by prenticemarie »
My My, How Time Flies ... 62 Years ... From BSA DBD34 Gold Star To Tiger 800 Road ... 1959 - 2021 !

Offline Jarse

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Rally Pro
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2020, 06:05:01 PM »
I noticed it but it didnít bother me even having it for a day. A bit through the bars and bum compared to the Explorer but didnít notice the mirrors.

Motor pulls well and spins up quickly.

Offline Djairouks

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2020, 09:09:12 PM »
Just crossed a buddy of mine who suffered a bad crash, hip prosthesis and both wrists broken, meaning he needs a bike that's smooth, because his wrists aren't as strong as before.

So leaving BMW because he had problems with dealer.

He tried the 900 and told me the vibes at 130kmh were awful for him, he said it's finished like a BMW, but can't live with the vibes, he might try a 800 now.

What I know now with my 800, when I travel on vacation, so big days from 600-1000km do not kill me as much as it did with my Africa twin, which vibed more as it's a twin, but that's a thing for long day riders only.

Offline Nokinian

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 900
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2020, 09:08:12 AM »
Hello - new here.
I took delivery of my 900 GT Pro 4 weeks ago. I previously owned a Street Triple, but my last 3 bikes have been BMW boxers, the last of those a GS1250. I decided the BMs were just too big, cumbersome and heavy. I tried the Tracer GT and, although quick, I found it "insubstantial" and more of a lightweight sportsbike with adventure underpinnings and bodywork (ie what it is).

A friend urged me to try this new 900 that was getting rave reviews. I test rode it twice, then once with a pillion. I was smitten. Now, I just can't ride it enough. Here in Sydney, the winter can be a perfect time to ride but we've had lots of rain in the last 4 weeks (there you go) - very frustrating. But I've managed to do about 1,000kms.

The bike is very responsive and, at sensible road speeds, it's quicker than the 1250GS.  It also feels incredibly light, nimble and flickable but feels substantial enough to give a sense of solidity and "security" on longer rides. Another part of the equation often overlooked is how it sounds. To my ears, it sounds like nothing I've owned previously - it's hard to describe. Almost like a small straght-6. I love the sound, and I had not realised previously how that adds to the ownership experience. The Arrow can, currently on order, will hopefully add to that, when it arrives.

People have mentioned vibes. Yes, I can feel them. I felt them on my boxer twins and my Striple as well and I do not charcterise the 900's vibes as materially any worse than them. On motorways, I find that with cruise control, you can take alternate hands off the bars and that gives me sufficient relief from the vibes; just that short break is all I need.

Anyway, sorry for the long ramble but I love this bike more than I thought I'd love any bike and I see it as a long-termer. Just waiting for the tasty accessories to come along, including the blingy ones!

Offline mcinlb

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2020 Tiger 900GT
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2020, 09:13:20 AM »
After my test ride on the GT Pro, the first thing I would do if I had one would be to try some of these

https://roxspeedfx.com/products/2-pivoting-anti-vibe-bar-risers-for-7-8-handlebar

For what is a very good bike, only spoilt by the vibs up the rev range..

Offline Djairouks

• Tiger Master
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2020, 09:15:56 AM »
Funny because I was yesterday changing tires at my yami dealer, we talked about the trails, BMW, triumph and of course Yamaha.
All agreed BMW is too damn big and pricy, triumph was liked, but really the funniest is my dealer openly said, don't get the tracer GT, the suspensions are sh*t and the finishing is not good for a Yamaha.

Honest man, I owned a mt-09 and yeah, suspension though upgraded are still sh*t.

My buddy said it wasn't only the bars, but for him the peg vibes were just awful and he comes from a 1200 GS.

Offline Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2020, 09:31:30 AM »
The T900 GT pro vs BMW 900 XR in this weeks MCN, worth a read for anyone fancying a change. They like the Tigers brakes but not the vibes, & rec'n the beemer handles better in the twisties down to its 17" front.
Current bikes Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Offline Djairouks

• Tiger Master
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2020, 09:40:17 AM »
The beemer front suspensions are not adjustable and there's no options unlike the electronic rear, for the price of BMW and a trail bike, that's just a big no no, don't know what got into BMW on this one !

Recent Topics

winded-staunch