Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Bottom Steering Yoke Question  (Read 292 times)

Offline redsars88

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800XCX
Bottom Steering Yoke Question
« on: June 28, 2020, 02:28:24 PM »
While removing the fork legs from my 2017 Tiger 800 XCX for seal replacement, I noticed that the bottom yoke can rotate independently of the top yoke through an arc of about 15 degrees, and that's with the steering head adjuster nuts and top yoke nut all tight....is this normal or do I have something loose?

Offline redsars88

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800XCX
Re: Bottom Steering Yoke Question
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2020, 04:14:28 PM »
Please ignore my most above, on closer examination, it seems that someone, and this could only be the dealer during service, had failed to tighten the lock not properly on the headstock adjuster and failed to tighten the top yoke nut properly. I had to tighten the locknut with a screwdriver and hammer unfortunately as I do not have the special tool, but at least its tight now. Glad I spotted it.

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2020, 01:34:13 AM »
Did you notice any vague steering issues?

Offline Alberto_B

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: T800XRT '16
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2020, 12:54:38 PM »
*Originally Posted by redsars88 [+]
Please ignore my most above, on closer examination, it seems that someone, and this could only be the dealer during service, had failed to tighten the lock not properly on the headstock adjuster and failed to tighten the top yoke nut properly. I had to tighten the locknut with a screwdriver and hammer unfortunately as I do not have the special tool, but at least its tight now. Glad I spotted it.
Yep lucky. I don't know what you intend but I'd be inclined to take it back to the dealer and point out their error, then get them to tighten it correctly.

Recent Topics