Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 900 GT Low Ride Height  (Read 1069 times)

Offline pupjoint

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 900GT LRH
Re: 900 GT Low Ride Height
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2020, 12:46:39 PM »
Glad you got your problem resolved. I also have the same bike and find the rear suspension hard even on the softest setting.
The dealer tells me its because its LRH and the spring is more compressed. Not sure I believe that as surely the spring length should be to fit the bike ,not one size fits all. Any thoughts ? Just one other thing,I find the handlebars too wide and giving me muscle aches,going to investigate narrower ones. How do you get on with them ?
A delightful bike though !

Online Matchbox

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT Low
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2020, 01:07:55 PM »
When you say suspension is hard on softest setting are you referring to spring preload or rebound damping? Preload affects ride height more than comfort. Is your preload adjuster fairly free turning? Mine was always stiff until it locked completely and think it was the root of the problem. Mine is now relativelay comfortable and did 300mls. over weekend with panniers and was happy with it. Comparable to my 800 XRT. Have you adjusted front suspension? I played around with mine and takes a while to get it right(I like a comfortable ride). I worried that LRH would be less comfortable but find very little difference now shock has been replaced. Maybe Triumph have a duff batch?
Handlebars are a bit wider but not a problem for me except tight turns take a bit of a stretch!
Loving it more now!

Offline vic20

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: tiger 900
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2020, 06:10:11 PM »
Made some 30mm risers for my Low, don't feel to be stretching so much now.

Online Matchbox

• Tiger Member
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2020, 08:28:33 PM »
I have some to fit but was waiting until I had done a longer trip or two. Felt comfortable last weekend so not sure for now.

Online fac191

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Super Tenere ES
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2020, 08:52:18 PM »
Its about time Triumph put a decent rear shock on the Tiger. The preload adjusters were rubbish on the first ones. And its going to get used if you go from one up to luggage etc. Cant believe its still the same.

Online Matchbox

• Tiger Member
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2020, 09:47:55 PM »
The 900s have a 3 lobbed knob for adjustment. 800s you needed a spanner!

Offline pupjoint

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 900GT LRH
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2020, 09:54:25 AM »
Thanks for your response. I have the front set at 15 both sides per the book for a comfort ride and the rear at Min and 2.5.
The adjuster knob is a little tight but have nothing to compare it with.On thr bar front the dealer tells me its fraught with problems changing the bars, ( he did'nt tell me what they do if they have to be changed after an accident). I got the impression he was'nt interested.
Thanks and take care.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch