Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tiger 900 Rally Pro TPMS issue  (Read 343 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline dimisjim

  • Tiger Cub
  • *
  • Posts: 4
  • Bike: Tiger 900 RP
  • Location: Zrich
Tiger 900 Rally Pro TPMS issue
« on: July 11, 2020, 03:29:16 PM »
Hey there,

I recently bought a Tiger 900 Rally Pro, have done a few 100 of kms already.
Since 200kms I am getting almost constantly front tyre tpms warnings. Looking at the readings, it says that the front tyre has 2.2 - 2.3 bar pressure. From the manual I see that the normal one should be 2.48

I have asked my service garage to take a look at it on the first service coming up next week.

Has anyone experienced this issue too?

Offline boldie

  • Tiger Member
  • **
  • Posts: 41
  • Bike: 2020 Plate XRt
  • Location: Lincolnshire UK
Re: Tiger 900 Rally Pro TPMS issue
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2020, 03:40:13 PM »
I had this on both test rides of the Rally Pro, I reported it to the sales man and he said, "yeah, I'm not surprised" got the impression it was a known issue.


Offline dimisjim

  • Tiger Cub
  • *
  • Posts: 4
  • Bike: Tiger 900 RP
  • Location: Zrich
Re: Tiger 900 Rally Pro TPMS issue
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2020, 03:44:43 PM »
*Originally Posted by boldie [+]
I had this on both test rides of the Rally Pro, I reported it to the sales man and he said, "yeah, I'm not surprised" got the impression it was a known issue.

did he give any clue whether that was an issue with the sensor itself or with the actual tyre pressure?

Online T800XC

  • Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • *
  • Posts: 2266
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
  • Location: English Riviera
Re: Tiger 900 Rally Pro TPMS issue
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2020, 04:27:47 PM »
According to the manual I've downloaded, the Rally & Rally Pro should be 2.34 bar front & 2.89 bar rear. The 900 & 900 GT models should be 2.48 front & same rear.

AFAIK, the 900 uses the same immobiliser & TPMS sensors as the 800 so I would expect the trigger points to be the same.

Either way, 2.2~2.3 bar sounds more like the typical trigger point for the rear tyre.

Have you checked the pressures yourself? That would be my first port of call.
  
...happiness isn't happiness without a violin-playing goat...

Offline dimisjim

  • Tiger Cub
  • *
  • Posts: 4
  • Bike: Tiger 900 RP
  • Location: Zrich
Re: Tiger 900 Rally Pro TPMS issue
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2020, 04:32:00 PM »
*Originally Posted by T800XC [+]
According to the manual I've downloaded, the Rally & Rally Pro should be 2.34 bar front & 2.89 bar rear. The 900 & 900 GT models should be 2.48 front & same rear.
Indeed, I messed them up.

Have you checked the pressures yourself? That would be my first port of call.

Not yet. Will do

Online K1W1

  • Tiger Jedi
  • *****
  • Posts: 4458
  • Bike: XRX
  • Location: SE Australia
Re: Tiger 900 Rally Pro TPMS issue
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2020, 11:10:59 PM »
*Originally Posted by dimisjim [+]
Not yet. Will do

So you are complaining about getting a warning that your pressures are low but you have not actually checked the pressures?
Ill give you a hint. When the low fuel light comes on put fuel in the tank rather than blaming Triumoh for a faulty light switch.

Offline dimisjim

  • Tiger Cub
  • *
  • Posts: 4
  • Bike: Tiger 900 RP
  • Location: Zrich
Re: Tiger 900 Rally Pro TPMS issue
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2020, 11:14:14 PM »
*Originally Posted by K1W1 [+]
So you are complaining about getting a warning that your pressures are low but you have not actually checked the pressures?
Ill give you a hint. When the low fuel light comes on put fuel in the tank rather than blaming Triumoh for a faulty light switch.

First of all, I did not blame Triumph. I just asked here to see if this issue is something others have encountered too. Bike is gonna get serviced soon, so this is gonna get checked anyway.

Thanks for the dumb analogy though  :028:

 


Recent Topics