Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Sargent seat for sale *Now SOLD*  (Read 432 times)

Offline Jives

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800XRT
Sargent seat for sale *Now SOLD*
« on: July 11, 2020, 06:15:32 PM »
Sargent seat for sale cond very good no issues see photos.I bought it off a member a couple of years ago to sort out the problem my pillion had with the standard seat sloping forward, she was constantly having to re-position her self, I had it on a Tiger 800XRT 2017,  Sargent has a slight hump at the front of the rear seat so problem sorted, The seat I have is a low version, I just set it to the higher of the 2 options and found it fine, I'm 5'11" 31" inside leg if that helps. 200 collection from the North east of UK (Stockton on tees) would be ideal if anyone local fancies it, if not I will post to the UK only

« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 04:53:25 PM by Jives »

Offline casclay54

• Tiger Member
  • The Fast Show (life before P C went mad)
  • Bike: 17 tiger800 xrx
Re: Sargent seat for sale
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2020, 08:55:48 PM »
I can highly recommend these seats, they are very expensive new, I have one fitted to my 17 XRX and paid the same as this for pre owned, done 150 miles on it today, in Wales, it's open, I could go out now and do the same journey again, so comfortable.
You ain't seen me, right.

Offline mcinlb

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger 800
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2020, 08:55:01 AM »
Best touring seat for an 800 , bought mine of this forum 2 years ago and is so comfortable, the shaping of the front that makes all the difference.
The asking price is very reasonable, considering the cost new
Good luck with the sale....

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2020, 11:14:23 AM »
 :0461:

Bought my secondhand seats from a member here just before lockdown (paid a fair bit more but the front seat is heated version) and only managed a few very short local rides and to be honest questioned my decision based on those short rides. :084:

However on Monday I rode 250'ish miles from Plymouth to Arundel (via purely A & B roads) then Tuesday morning up to Motolegends at Guildford and then back via Winchester, Andover and A303 back to Plymouth, about 210'ish miles. Both days about 6hrs on the bike, nearly 500 miles and the seats proved great. A few times in slow traffic I took an occasional stand up on the pegs but because of leg cramps not any seat/backside issues unlike the standard seats. :152:

On the standard seats I was able to probably go about 4 or 5hrs and thereafter would constantly be fidgeting and standing on the pegs to ease my discomfort but based on this and that it was straight after 3 months off the bike with no easing back I reckon a whole day of 8-10yrs riding would easily be possible for me. :017:

So if you're a long distance rider, or find the standard seats uncomfortable after only a couple of hours, as some do, then I would certainly go for these and if you don't like them they will easily sell on again at little money loss I'm sure. :300:
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline oilybitz

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: 2013 Roadie
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2020, 12:11:09 PM »
PM sent :028:

Recent Topics