Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Enduro Road Tires  (Read 1011 times)

Online Q

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800 XCA
Re: Enduro Road Tires
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2020, 02:41:39 PM »
*Originally Posted by Q [+]
k - early days but the Dunlops are very well behaved on the road and you can now definitely feel that you have a 21" upfront - needs slightly more pressure on the bar to initiate a turn but tracks very stable in the lean

had them up well beyond legal speed on the tar (after scrubbing them in during an off-road session) and absolutely no problems or excessive noise in spite of the lugs being ~1cm apart on the rear

nice positive traction in the dirt and deep sand - can't yet vouch for the efficacy of the lugs on the side-wall but I did some serious gravel/loose stone climbs without losing traction or major fish-tailing

also had a 1250GS fitted with Dunlops on the course (ridden by an expert GS Challenge qualifier) and he was singing the praises of the tyres

think we might just have found the perfect 50/50 compromise tyre in the Dunlop Trailmax Mission (wet and mud testing still pending as well as mileage) so I'll reserve final judgement

When you talk, you only repeat what you already know - when you listen, you learn something new

Online Aussie Tiger

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 900 Rally Pro
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2020, 01:40:40 AM »
Ive had Trailmax Mission on for about 1,000km now. Did around 120km of rough and hard going dirt road and tracks last week and was very happy with how the tyres (and the bike) handled it. The tyres are fantastic on-road but Id say theyre a tiny bit noisier than the Motoz GPS I had on my 800, but only a tiny bit and I put it down pretty much to the centre band on the Motoz. To be honest I doubt theres much between those two actually but Ill think Ill stick with the Dunlops. If nothing else they look better! And probably a tad better off road. Both score really well in the above shootout, by the way.

Heres a pick taken on some easy(ish) fire trails just outside Canberra. If you zoom in you can just make out the Telecom Tower and Stromlo observatory. Theres a whole network of trails covering the full gamut of difficulty all within 10 mins of my home. Is a great testing area and can ride all day and never cover the same section twice.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 01:42:11 AM by Aussie Tiger »

Online Q

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800 XCA
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2020, 10:36:55 AM »
*Originally Posted by Aussie Tiger [+]
Ive had Trailmax Mission on for about 1,000km now. Did around 120km of rough and hard going dirt road and tracks last week and was very happy with how the tyres (and the bike) handled it. The tyres are fantastic on-road but Id say theyre a tiny bit noisier than the Motoz GPS I had on my 800, but only a tiny bit and I put it down pretty much to the centre band on the Motoz. To be honest I doubt theres much between those two actually but Ill think Ill stick with the Dunlops. If nothing else they look better! And probably a tad better off road. Both score really well in the above shootout, by the way.

Heres a pick taken on some easy(ish) fire trails just outside Canberra. If you zoom in you can just make out the Telecom Tower and Stromlo observatory. Theres a whole network of trails covering the full gamut of difficulty all within 10 mins of my home. Is a great testing area and can ride all day and never cover the same section twice.

nice bit of real estate to have in your backyard  :152: - that 900 and the Dunlops certainly look the part - enjoy!

the summer rains are just starting here in Johannesburg so looking forward to testing those Dunlops in the wet and hopefully a bit of mud over the next few weeks - I reckon with the ~1cm deep/wide grooves on the rear, they should clean well but we'll have to see

pushed the envelope a bit with them on a recent marshalling event with lots of hard braking/acceleration while doing a rolling roadblock for a bike convoy on tar - never even gave them a second thought, which is exactly the way it should be
When you talk, you only repeat what you already know - when you listen, you learn something new

Recent Topics

winded-staunch