Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: K & N Air filter and after market pipe  (Read 325 times)

Offline pennpeel

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Triumph 800 xc
K & N Air filter and after market pipe
« on: July 15, 2020, 07:24:27 PM »
I've started working my way through servicing my 2012 800 xc i've changed the rear pipe sometime ago, and was told i didn't need to remap or anything after fitting. I recently changed the air filter for a K & N make. Do I need to remap now i have both exhaust and air filter? quite enjoying doing my own servicing.  Appreciate any advice

Offline chuckxc

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike: 12XC, 18XCX
Re: K & N Air filter and after market pipe
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2020, 11:24:46 PM »
No need to re-map. My 2012 XC has the K&N and runs fine. If yours ran allright with the aftermarket exhaust  before you put the K&N on it will be OK.
Laterally unstable unless moving.

My third Triple - 1976 Laverda 3CL Jota
My 4cyl grunt - 2005 Honda CB1300F

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2020, 02:14:07 AM »
Modern Fuel Injected bikes tune themselves multiple times a second. The ECU works out every parameter required before it feeds a fuel and air mixture into the injectors.

Offline pennpeel

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Triumph 800 xc
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2020, 06:52:28 AM »
Many thanks, I feel a lot better now, you read all sorts of things about what to do and what not to do, a lot of it contradicts itself.  😀

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2020, 07:11:14 AM »
*Originally Posted by pennpeel [+]
Many thanks, I feel a lot better now, you read all sorts of things about what to do and what not to do, a lot of it contradicts itself.  😀

An awful lot of it is based on what people used to have to do in the carburettor days. They just assume it is still that same 20 years or more later.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch