Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tiger took a tiny tumble - Help!?  (Read 1582 times)

Offline Gaslight

• Tiger Cub
Tiger took a tiny tumble - Help!?
« on: July 15, 2020, 09:50:31 PM »
Hi all,

As the title says, my bike (2011 XC) decided to throw itself off the side stand when my back was turned..clearly a crappy parking job on my part. It fell forward and to the side, and smashed the headlight surround good and proper, seems like the headlight guard hit the deck (or something on the way down) and made a real mess of all the plastics surrounding the headlight. The lights themselves are fine, work and are intact..but the mounting point plastics have all snapped clean off.

I've managed to cable tie it all back together for now, but I'll need a new headlight I assume. After a ton of googling, I can't see anywhere that sells just the plastic casing for the headlight, so I wondered if any of you fine folks knew of a place that may sell something like that? Or perhaps an aftermarket headlight that would fit a 2011 XC? Cheers.

TL;DR - Tiger hit the deck, smashed the headlight surround/mountings, need a new headlight, any ideas?  :017:

Cheers.

Offline Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
....George Orwell

Check the Facts !!

Offline Gaslight

• Tiger Cub
Re: Tiger took a tiny tumble - Help!?
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2020, 10:23:14 PM »

I thought my prayers had been answered! Heheh, sadly it's my own crappy terminology that's buggered that one up, I mean the entire headlight casing perhaps it's called.

If you see the mounting clips on the back of this one;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/11-Triumph-Tiger-800-XC-Front-Headlight-Head-Light-Lamp-T2701517-Damaged/383573073171

All of mine have snapped off, and the plastic casing is cracked. Just trying to see if there's any way I can avoid paying Triumph billions of pounds for a new headlight, really.  :110:

Offline chuckxc

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike: 12XC, 18XCX
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2020, 11:17:26 PM »
Glue might be your friend if you still have most of the broken bits.
Laterally unstable unless moving.

My third Triple - 1976 Laverda 3CL Jota
My 4cyl grunt - 2005 Honda CB1300F

Offline petesear

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: XRT
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2020, 11:50:52 PM »
I know it doesn't help you now but I'm a great advocate of leaving it in gear. Tigers love to roll off their sidestands.
Good luck in your search..

Offline rubbertoe

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: tiger 800 xca
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2020, 12:18:01 AM »
Yep, caught mine in the knick of time trying to roll off the side stand in my garage with only the tiniest bit of downslope. One thing I loved about my Harley is that their side stands lock when down, no need to park in first gear hence my bad habit of not always putting the tiger in gear when parking. Good luck getting your broken bits replaced. 

Online K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2020, 02:27:00 AM »
Looks like Triumph don't offer the headlight as anything other than a complete assembly

https://www.worldoftriumph.com/collections/100057385-1-2?type=tiger-800-xc-upto-vin-674841

so you only options are a new assembly, finding a headlight at a motorcycle wreckers from a bike that has had no headlight damage or buying one of the Chinese LED headlight replacements that are around.

https://www.triumphperformanceparts.com.au/triumph-tiger-led-headlight

If you search wreckers don't forget that the 1200 used the same assembly as the 800.

Offline chico

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2017 XRX
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2020, 05:23:39 AM »
Any chance your insurance carrier might cover this?

Chico

Offline Gaslight

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2020, 11:47:33 AM »
*Originally Posted by petesear [+]
I know it doesn't help you now but I'm a great advocate of leaving it in gear. Tigers love to roll off their sidestands.
Good luck in your search..

Absolutely right, it really wasn't much of a slope either. Rookie mistake!

Thanks for the replies fellers, I'll keep my eyes open for one popping up from a breaker.  :017:

Offline Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2020, 11:58:26 AM »
*Originally Posted by Gaslight [+]
I thought my prayers had been answered! Heheh, sadly it's my own crappy terminology that's buggered that one up, I mean the entire headlight casing perhaps it's called.

If you see the mounting clips on the back of this one;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/11-Triumph-Tiger-800-XC-Front-Headlight-Head-Light-Lamp-T2701517-Damaged/383573073171

All of mine have snapped off, and the plastic casing is cracked. Just trying to see if there's any way I can avoid paying Triumph billions of pounds for a new headlight, really.  :110:

I'll try again then :)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254654567007

throw them an offer, they may bite
The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
....George Orwell

Check the Facts !!

Recent Topics

winded-staunch