Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tiger took a tiny tumble - Help!?  (Read 1578 times)

Offline Djairouks

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
Re: Tiger took a tiny tumble - Help!?
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2020, 08:02:17 AM »
Again what the obligatory courses here teaches drivers, always pull the clutch to engage engine, just like you'd do in a car. This feels like poor excuses, you have a gear indicator anyway, with all respect if this is so complicated maybe scooters would be more adequate for some  :038:

It's just a question of willing to change one's habits, takes a few days then you'll be fine !
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 08:47:12 AM by Djairouks »

Offline GeoffS

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: XC - Green/Black
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2020, 09:31:52 AM »
Im with Djairouks on this one.
After switching on the ignition I always wait for the electronics to do its self-checks (its quite therapeutic to watch the instrument panel do its thing); I look for any indications on the panel then start the motor. Although there may be a Neutral indication on the screen, I would never (ever) believe it, so would never just dump the clutch. My train of thought is, whenever Neutral is selected, always, always, always slow release of the clutch....., but thats just me.

Offline rubbertoe

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: tiger 800 xca
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2020, 04:18:11 PM »
I tried the sidestand motor kill this morning and realized that one could then walk away from the bike with the ignition on. Me I just make sure the bike is in first gear then switch off with the key and rock the bike forward to take up any slack. You all have my blessing to do what you like.

Offline Alberto_B

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: T800XRT '16
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2020, 11:12:16 AM »
*Originally Posted by GeoffS [+]
Im with Djairouks on this one.
After switching on the ignition I always wait for the electronics to do its self-checks (its quite therapeutic to watch the instrument panel do its thing); I look for any indications on the panel then start the motor. Although there may be a Neutral indication on the screen, I would never (ever) believe it, so would never just dump the clutch. My train of thought is, whenever Neutral is selected, always, always, always slow release of the clutch....., but thats just me.
Not just you Geoff - having had 50s/60s T100s and Bonnies I'm always suspicious of false neutrals - it's ingrained  :001:

Recent Topics

winded-staunch