Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] How To Use TigerTool V3.3 Service Utility Software  (Read 21448 times)

• Offline T800XC   ua

• Premier Member
    • Tiger Jedi  ‐    2701
    • Topic Author

Offline T800XC

• Premier Member
    • Tiger Jedi
    • Topic Author
    • Bike/Model: Tiger 1200 XRT
    How To Use TigerTool V3.3 Service Utility Software
    on: Jul 18, 2020, 09.40 pm
    Jul 18, 2020, 09.40 pm
    TigerTool V3.3 is now released.  :152:

Subject to the disclaimer below, this software supports the Tiger 800, 850, 900, Sport, Trophy & Explorer/1200 models. It can also be tested with other Triumph models, including twins, via special command-line switches. Support for some models may be limited so not all features will be available. Details on how to try TigerTool with other models are included in the instruction document.

V3.3 includes features to allow the user to do the following:-

Reset the service interval and clear the 'service due' wrench symbol from the instruments
    Configure ABS / TPMS menu items & default distance units for the instruments
    Read & clear diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) and the Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL)
    Read & clear ABS DTCs
    Bleed ABS brake modulator
    Check throttle body balance
    Read, enable/disable & program TPMS sensors
    Erase Immobiliser/TPMS DTCs and monitor live TPMS data
    Read VIN, ECU serial & engine map reference codes

DISCLAIMER
    These instructions and the attached software are provided as-is and without warranty of any sort.

The software is provided free of charge for non-commercial use. It allows the user limited access to the ECU on Triumph Tiger 800, 850, 900, Sport, Trophy & Explorer/1200 models ONLY, and can be used to perform various functions as part of a regular maintenance and/or servicing schedule.

Using this software, and the consequences therein, remains the sole responsibility of the user. Neither the author nor anyone associated with the officially supported forums will be held liable for any subsequent costs, losses or damages as a result of downloading, installing or using this software.

The software MUST NOT be copied to other websites, internet forums, social media sites etc without the express written authority of the original author. Software support and new releases will only be provided by the author via the forums at www.tiger800.co.uk, www.tiger-explorer.com, www.tiger1050.com and www.triumph-trophy.com

All reasonable steps have been taken to ensure the accuracy of the instructions and suitability of the software, but be aware that editing or modifying your bike's ECU may cause undesirable effects and/or invalidate your warranty. The software has been scanned at VirusTotal prior to release.

OBD Interface
    As with all previous versions of TigerTool, accessing ECU data can be achieved using the ISO9141-2 and ISO15765-4 (aka CAN bus) protocols. This software is intended to work with most USB & Bluetooth ELM327-based OBD2 interfaces, including clones. There are a number of ELM327-based interfaces around that don't work with TigerTool because they contain very poor quality components and/or firmware and don't support some the of the basic ELM327 commands that are needed, in particular 'AT D'. Some of the USB interfaces have the FTDI USB-to-serial chipsets which seem to work well under any version of Windows, as FTDI are usually on-the-ball with releasing drivers. Unfortunately FTDI released driver updates a few back that bricked many of the clone chips that were being used in cheap OBD2 interfaces so it can be a case of buyer beware. There are also many interfaces that use different serial chipsets, e.g. the PL2303 interface from Prolific Tech, and most of these have been tested. The key is to ensure that you have the latest drivers for the device that you're using to support the version of Windows that your PC is running.

NOTE:
    This software WILL NOT work with the VAG/KKL leads such as those from Lonelec that are used with TuneECU.
    This version supports ELM327 OBD2 interfaces that are V1.n or V2.n.

Installation
    As stated previously, I'm no software engineer so the file size for this application is much larger than it could be. However, when I do write software I try to make it robust & fit for purpose, and spend a lot of time looking for bugs and trying to break it. TigerTool is a standalone Windows application (on versions XP to 10) that needs no installation process and no additional files to run. You can manually add a shortcut to your desktop to make access easier if you like. This will also be required if you plan to try using TigerTool with other Triumph models. This latest version has been tested on a range of Tiger (and other) models by myself and several Beta testers.

Download the zip file attachment at the bottom of this post then save & extract the single executable 'TigerTool.exe' file from within the zip to a suitable folder on your PC.

The latest 28-page instruction manual (PDF) is also attached below as a zip file. This file contains some important information so you MUST download and read it thoroughly before using the software. Note the instruction manual refers to V3.0 as a revised edition for V3.3 is not being released due to the minial differences.

You should find this latest update useful & just as easy to use as previous versions. If you have any questions or problems then just ask in this topic.

p.s. Thanks to all of the Beta testers.  :028:

...happiness isn't happiness without a violin-playing goat...

• Offline kokkios   cy

• Tiger Master  ‐    325

Offline kokkios

• Tiger Master
    • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger800XRT
    Re: How To Use TigerTool V3.3 Service Utility Software
    Reply #1 on: Jul 18, 2020, 11.22 pm
    Jul 18, 2020, 11.22 pm
    I think i speak for everyone here. Thank you! Fantastic job!

• Online PapaTom   gb

• Tiger Jedi  ‐    1178

Online PapaTom

• Tiger Jedi
    • Bike/Model: Blue XRx (Gen2)
    Reply #2 on: Jul 19, 2020, 07.47 am
    Jul 19, 2020, 07.47 am
     :0461:

Many thanks T800XC for all of your efforts.

:031:

• Offline gordybrock   gb

• Tiger Master  ‐    366

Offline gordybrock

• Tiger Master
    • Bike: 2012 Tiger 800 Phantom Black
    Reply #3 on: Jul 19, 2020, 09.06 am
    Jul 19, 2020, 09.06 am
     :0461: also.  Thank you    :002:
    I'm from Wigan me

• Online Stevie.P   gb

• Tiger Jedi  ‐    4750

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
    • REME -'Arte et Marte' ... By Skill and by Fighting
    • Bike/Model: 2015 Tiger XRt
    Reply #4 on: Jul 19, 2020, 10.23 am
    Jul 19, 2020, 10.23 am
     :0461: .... total dedication.  :028:
    Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

• Offline tauzero   gb

• Tiger Master  ‐    879

Offline tauzero

• Tiger Master
    • Bike/Model: Tiger 800 XRx
    Reply #5 on: Jul 19, 2020, 04.35 pm
    Jul 19, 2020, 04.35 pm
    Thanks - I'll check it out on my T120 too.
    Tiger 800 XRx, Bonneville T120 Black, SpeedTona, Speed Dent
    Gone but not forgotten: Scrambler 900, Tiger 1050, Bonneville SE, Sprint ST 955i, Trophy 4, Sprint 900, Daytona 900, Tiger 900, Trident 900

• Offline RJVieira

• Tiger Member  ‐    13

Offline RJVieira

• Tiger Member
    • Bike/Model: Tiger 800
    Reply #6 on: Jul 19, 2020, 07.35 pm
    Jul 19, 2020, 07.35 pm
    Thank you very much for your hard work :062:

• Offline rantanplan

• Tiger Member  ‐    66

Offline rantanplan

• Tiger Member
    • Bike/Model: XC 800 2018
    Reply #7 on: Jul 19, 2020, 11.34 pm
    Jul 19, 2020, 11.34 pm
    Thank you very very very much for sharing your knowledge, your time and effort
     :031:  :031:  :031:  :031:

• Offline 93TigerBill   au

• Tiger Member  ‐    41

Offline 93TigerBill

• Tiger Member
    Reply #8 on: Jul 20, 2020, 12.01 am
    Jul 20, 2020, 12.01 am
    Thanks T800XC - my black '12 800XC is my first Canbus equipped 'bike, even though it's a 'minimal' implementation.
    Previous and other 'bikes are 'old school'.

Would not have even attempted the 20,000 km service without this handy, robust and well-written piece of software!

Worth much more than the ticket price!!
    '93 Tiger 885; '12 Tiger 800XC; '98 KLR650
    IBA #45911; FarRider #89

• Offline Turbotom

• Tiger Member  ‐    36

Offline Turbotom

• Tiger Member
    Reply #9 on: Jul 20, 2020, 07.56 am
    Jul 20, 2020, 07.56 am
    Thanks a lot  :046:

Tom