Tiger 800 / 900 - Main Discussion Section > Brakes and ABS

Rear brake improvement

(1/2) > >>

suffolktiger:
Ok, may or may not be a pointless topic.

Iíve got gen 3 xca with the Brembo fronts and Nissin rear callipers. Done around 5000miles.

Iíve got some EBC HH front pads, that Iím yet to fit. Front brakes are ok (once bleed properly!), not earth shattering but considering the front tyre is only 90 wide, probably as good as it can be.

The rear is pretty woeful. Especially after my recent test on the 900, which has a really sharp rear brake by comparison (Brembo).

Anything anybody has done to Imporve?
EBC pads too?
Clean up sliders etc?

KildareMan:
HH pads

suffolktiger:
I had a feeling that would be the answer  :062:

chuckxc:
Originally Posted by suffolktiger Ok, may or may not be a pointless topic.

Iíve got gen 3 xca with the Brembo fronts and Nissin rear callipers. Done around 5000miles.

Iíve got some EBC HH front pads, that Iím yet to fit. Front brakes are ok (once bleed properly!), not earth shattering but considering the front tyre is only 90 wide, probably as good as it can be.

The rear is pretty woeful. Especially after my recent test on the 900, which has a really sharp rear brake by comparison (Brembo).

Anything anybody has done to Imporve?
EBC pads too?
Clean up sliders etc?

Curious, why you think the XCA OEM rear brakes are 'woeful'? They seem fine to me. Too much 'bite' and the ABS cuts in anyway, and in off road Mode, they're easy to lock up if you want to slide the rear.
The 900 is a lighter bike, maybe that's what you feel?

rantanplan:
recently before a road trip, of 3500km with my beauty (xca 2019)
i visualy check the pads(factory pads), the rear seemed to be fine, not needed change
i needed tyres,
when i took off rear whell, i saw that the pads had uneven waer, was from the front side of pads (front whell side which is not visible from rear), they had more waer, when i took off the caliper, i found that the sliders had almost no grease  :232: , so i regreased them properly and put new pads.
As my bike had only 11000km, i didn't expect to find almost no grease inside the rubbber seals (factory blaming), which caused the uneven wear, and not so good breaking Triumph THUMBS DOWN

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version